how far can d80 kit len reached?

Status
Not open for further replies.

averynkh

Apr 9, 2007
singapore
hi... i am new in dslr

can anyone let me know how far can d80's kit len reached?
i always thinking that i spoilt the camera... i cant produce impressive pic...
and wat i did by d80, i was thinking that normal dig cam able to make it too...
confusing me all the times....:confused:

haha.. i made pp misun my meaning, i meant the achievement of the pic... not zoom.. hope new title will be clearer...

If you're talking image quality then the camera and kit lens are able to produce really high quality ones. But then again it depends on what you deem is image quality. Technically you'll be looking for sharpness, depth of field, lighting, etc. Other less tangible qualities might be composition, content, emotion. Trust the camera, it's working fine. Problem is, the camera's just a tool, which means that at the end of the day, the photographer has to do the work to make a quality image.

i am also new new to using a dslr...i got my dslr last dec but only manage to shoot during weekends for the last 10wks...when I first try taking pics with my d80....i said to myself that is it really worth it coz all my shots are crap (and i mean it)...:( and until now hahaha :sweatsm:

but after spending time with it and learning its function(s) (and i am still learning it)...and looking for amazing shots on this website and the other site as well, i did managed to get some decent shots...so bottom line is...learn what you can do with your cam, explore its settings, like white balance, etc...look for shots taken by other photographers and learn from it and practice, practice, practice...:thumbsup:

one thing i have also realized is that it is always fun to shoot with some ppl who shares the same passion coz you will learn from them...just keep on shooting...:thumbsup:

i admited that, i am lazy and no time to explore the camera.... i deserved such a slowly improvement...

but when i looking for pp's works, i do feel i spoil my cam ==

i admited that, i am lazy and no time to explore the camera.... i deserved such a slowly improvement...

spoil your cam meaning?

The best way to learn is to shoot more.Im sure most of us here have shot some crap pics when just starting out.As you shoot you'll slowly improve!Dun worry bout how good other's pics are.Juz enjoy shooting:)

ha ha... i still shoot crap pics after all these years, but still enjoy every bit of it....
just shoot and enjoy, crap pics or not crap pics, the thing is, we manage to freeze time and keep the memories alive...

cheerrs :)

thanks for u guys...

i meant sometime i was thinking wat i did, it could be done by campact cam, then wat for to me to go dor dslr.. haha.. i always think liek that...

the only thing i regretted upgrading from a pns to a dslr is the compactness.. other than that...i'm loving my d80! :)

a gazillion more flexible than a ps with functions, diff lenses bla bla bla and stuff..
greater rigidity.. you do feel that when you hold a dslr, its more solid and study for you to compose ur shots.
interchangeable lenses
long shutter speed
really small/big appatures
nice bokehs/dof

and the list goes on...but dont get a dslr cos you think you look pro with it...cos like many others say. its the photographer behind the photograph

the only thing i regretted upgrading from a pns to a dslr is the compactness.. other than that...i'm loving my d80! :)

a gazillion more flexible than a ps with functions, diff lenses bla bla bla and stuff..
greater rigidity.. you do feel that when you hold a dslr, its more solid and study for you to compose ur shots.
interchangeable lenses
long shutter speed
really small/big appatures
nice bokehs/dof

and the list goes on...but dont get a dslr cos you think you look pro with it...cos like many others say. its the photographer behind the photograph

:thumbsup: agree! a dslr is so big! so hard carry around ....

if only DSLRS come in the size of ixus haha

thanks for u guys...

i meant sometime i was thinking wat i did, it could be done by campact cam, then wat for to me to go dor dslr.. haha.. i always think liek that...

What you can never achieve with a digital PnS is the selective focus, the clean images for low light conditions, the high ISO, the choice of aperture etc...

Your camera plays a part for the quality of the picture, but I was told by someone....

"It's the man/woman behind the camera that makes the difference". ;p

Your camera plays a part for the quality of the picture, but I was told by someone....

The camera is just a tool. Depends on how you use it. :) But there is also a saying that a good craftsman must also have good tools to be able to excel.

yesh that totally true a camera juz helps u!

Status
Not open for further replies.