How easy it is to take portraits of strangers on the street?

How easy it is to take portraits of strangers on the street?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

catmanzecatz

So how? Had some experience in Little India and hawker centres.... No very pleasant for myself ;P

Originally posted by catmanzecatz
So how? Had some experience in Little India and hawker centres.... No very pleasant for myself ;P

did you ask permission before trying to take someone's photograph?

Originally posted by catmanzecatz

care to share what happened ?

Originally posted by erwinx

did you ask permission before trying to take someone's photograph?

Tried asking them whether I could take... they just say no pictures when the saw me lifting my camera, even before I ask them! ;P

Some even showed you the hostile face... sigh... some can even give you the feeling that they will grab anything to throw at you... :(

I realized tele can take very easily, and wun look contrived. if crowded think you just mental frame first then shoot and run?

Originally posted by denizenx
I realized tele can take very easily, and wun look contrived. if crowded think you just mental frame first then shoot and run?

Most tele street shots doesn't look good, looks like you're voyeurising, and stealing a shot as opposed to being part of the scene. Worse, you are possibly in more trouble when they spot you. Try not to use more than a 50mm shot for street shooting. Anyway, when you are so close to them with an ultrawide, they won't think you're shooting them anyway. :)

Regards
CK

Solution-- use a G2 or 995 or something with a swivel LCD, then shoot from the hip. Managed to get quite a few photos in the unfriendly neighbourhood of the Sungei Rd flea market this way.
ahbeng_web.jpg

"Is that camera pointed at me?"

It's this easy......

"hi, would you mind if I take your photo?"

I think: look like a stupid tourist... they shoot everything and welcomed/ignored by all... haha I will try it later then feedback...

Status
Not open for further replies.