How does traffic police snap speeders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the olden days, TPs were using 4X5 films on the cameras that's why they can blow up the images to see the car plates. But I believe that all of them have been converted to digital now and the flash system is IR. Saw one of them flash a few days back. I was travelling in the opp direction and saw a flash on the cam housing. not very strong so I guess the iso must be very high.
are you sure? shoot on sheet film? with auto reload? if it's using film, have 70mm and 35mm long roll, which are good enough.

anyway, base on the daytime and night time light level situation, I believe the system is rather foolproof, but if a car is able to speed up to 300km, don't think the camera able to capture it. :bsmilie:

btw, TP has mentioned before, no all cameras post are loaded with camera, them rotate them from time to time, but will not reveal to public where and when.

this is cool..safe for skin?

should design cosmetic wif this man!..then no more free fashion show shoot..haha..protecting model's rights..:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

U can make big bucks if you come out with a "Anti-paparazzi celebrity cosmetics". ;p

BC

are you sure? shoot on sheet film? with auto reload? if it's using film, have 70mm and 35mm long roll, which are good enough.

anyway, base on the daytime and night time light level situation, I believe the system is rather foolproof, but if a car is able to speed up to 300km, don't think the camera able to capture it. :bsmilie:

btw, TP has mentioned before, no all cameras post are loaded with camera, them rotate them from time to time, but will not reveal to public where and when.

According the the TP during my visit, there were only 3 red-light cameras (mind you... that was 1980somthing) that they rotated. The camera was quite heavy. The guy to me that one of his colleague broke his arm in a freak accident.

Those camera does not use conventional film rolls. IIRC, it was a few hundred frames they they load each time. They only unload the film weekly. Every time the red light camera is triggered, it takes 2 frames. One at the moment at which the camera is triggered and another split seconds later to capture the vehicle passing the junction.

But I believe it is digital nowadays because they claim that images is relay directly to the stations and surmons is issued very promptly.

As for speed camera, I ever speed pass one without being caught (did not pay attention)... lucky for me. I guess the camera was not in the housing then....

BC

hmm. even for flash, if your car is traveling at the extreme left (since the cameras are usually on the right), the flash also wont be strong enough to hit onto the car.

and furthermore, these are speed cameras meant to catch high speed cars... really make me wonder.. =)

hmm. even for flash, if your car is traveling at the extreme left (since the cameras are usually on the right), the flash also wont be strong enough to hit onto the car.

and furthermore, these are speed cameras meant to catch high speed cars... really make me wonder.. =)
all they need is only able to see the number plate clear enough.

According the the TP during my visit, there were only 3 red-light cameras (mind you... that was 1980somthing) that they rotated. The camera was quite heavy. The guy to me that one of his colleague broke his arm in a freak accident.

Those camera does not use conventional film rolls. IIRC, it was a few hundred frames they they load each time. They only unload the film weekly. Every time the red light camera is triggered, it takes 2 frames. One at the moment at which the camera is triggered and another split seconds later to capture the vehicle passing the junction.

But I believe it is digital nowadays because they claim that images is relay directly to the stations and surmons is issued very promptly.

As for speed camera, I ever speed pass one without being caught (did not pay attention)... lucky for me. I guess the camera was not in the housing then....

BC
100ft of 35mm long roll able to load into 20 rolls of 36 exposure, if shoot all in 100ft, you can get even more frames.
if shoot in 70mm long roll, depends on what format there shoot at, also a few hundred frame for one roll loaded.

:nono: :nono: later they put gantry at all traffic lights..then start to charge ERP based on the number of traffic lights u passed ah..:bsmilie:

..but i think LTA engineers dun think wif their bum right..because the ERP gantry system is a very high cost stuff..:bsmilie:

These will be covered in just a few days bro.:)

Hmmmm this is interesting, thanks for the info. Will try it when I have the time

( OT mode "ON" )
just thinking, if I fit a small hidden flash facing my no plate, will it overexpose my car plate when they try to capture my car plate? :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
Well.. you can try.. mount an SB-800 there, then next thing you know the flash disappear first... ;p

Well, i manage to sneak up to one and took a photo of it.

its a CANON camera, omgz.....i didnt see the model of the cam. didnt know the cam so small yet so powerful. wonder how is the 3X zoom helping the TP.

its a CANON camera, omgz.....i didnt see the model of the cam. didnt know the cam so small yet so powerful. wonder how is the 3X zoom helping the TP.

That's not a speed camera, that guy is there to take photos of cars being driven in the bus lane.

_

Think this one is not the speed camera.
he is the Mr Bus Lane officer.

Think this one is not the speed camera.
he is the Mr Bus Lane officer.

lolx, can someone give him a Nikon D40 camera instead. ;)

I saw one portable speed cam up close last year.. dunno what cam they use, definately not the same as consumers especially with it's in-built laser ranging device.

But I saw distinctly a Nikon 200mm.. ;) But I tink it's those older series.

more like wayang show!!! cars see the stupid TP guy there, all kenna scared... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

more like wayang show!!! cars see the stupid TP guy there, all kenna scared... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

BTW, they are not TP... they are outsourced CISCO personnel...

BC

Status
Not open for further replies.