How does the Post counter work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnorMcLeod

Jul 23, 2005
Singapore, West
Hi,

Saw my post count go down recently. Thought it is a 'up-counter' only.
Can someone enlighten how it works, or pointer to where I can find an explanation.
Cheers

ps today I posted 3 messages and the count stayed at 412 always. How come!?

CM

Because posts in Kopitiam do not count towards your post count.

should be the post in the kopitiam no longer count towards your total post count
it used to, but not anymore
that is the reason for the sudden drop

Actually I believed it used to VERY LONG AGO, then quite long ago it was stopped. Then owing to a recent crash/hack/bug, when the DB was restored, it was mistakenly enabled again. Then very recently, this was discovered and it was re-stopped again.

it wasn't noticeable unless you spent a lot time posting in Kopitiam,
just wondering does anyone downgraded from senior member to member because of the missing post counts?

it wasn't noticeable unless you spent a lot time posting in Kopitiam,
just wondering does anyone downgraded from senior member to member because of the missing post counts?

I dun even know how to qualify for senior member:bsmilie:

I see ppl with 500 post count become senior member, then i see some ppl with 8000 post count still remain as member....

I believe there are two sets of criteria, one is number of posts, and another is date of registration.

Not sure if it is a "AND" or a "OR" system. I thought it was an "OR".

I see ppl with 500 post count become senior member, then i see some ppl with 8000 post count still remain as member....

I believe there are two sets of criteria, one is number of posts, and another is date of registration.

Not sure if it is a "AND" or a "OR" system. I thought it was an "OR".

I thought it is number of posts AND date of registration. :bsmilie:
Maybe the 500 posts Senior members had the certain number of posts before the counter was reset to exclude KPT posts.

All in all, i think shouldn't matter lah, its just a tag.

my thinking is that "senior members" status is reserved for those senior citizens above 40yo :bsmilie::sweatsm:

I think it's all messed up now. After so many years, some still remains just a member, while some new members suddenly become senior members. :bigeyes:

I think it's all messed up now. After so many years, some still remains just a member, while some new members suddenly become senior members. :bigeyes:
is rather fair I think.
some sign upped many years does not contribute much.
some members tho are much junior but rather active, they deserve such status.

is rather fair I think.
some sign upped many years does not contribute much.
some members tho are much junior but rather active, they deserve such status.

Over the years, the rules for posts have changed again and again. Sometimes, the posts to kopitiam is counted, sometimes, it's not. I'm also confused whether it's counted or not now. :bsmilie:

Jokes aside, I think there should be a fixed set of terms and conditions.

Over the years, the rules for posts have changed again and again. Sometimes, the posts to kopitiam is counted, sometimes, it's not. I'm also confused whether it's counted or not now. :bsmilie:

Jokes aside, I think there should be a fixed set of terms and conditions.
Read Post #4 and #5 of this thread.

Hm...how does the post count work? Actually the admins take turn to search the forum every day and count how many posts each member has made, then they enter the number manually in the profile of each member....sometime they make mistake so the number goes up and down....

Status
Not open for further replies.