How does Sekonic L358 compare with L308s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

benedium

Jun 19, 2004
www.photo.net
Can anyone tell me the difference between...
the Sekonic Flash Master L-358 and the Flash Mate L-308s?

And can the L-308s provide the ratio of Flash and Ambient exposure?

Thanks.

Did you even bother checking out the Sekonic website?? You could also go down to Cathay and check it out for yourself.

But just to answer your question, according to the information on the website, if you bothered to go look, no it does not provide the ambient to flash ratio. The L358 does.

Next time, please do a search here if not on the internet, there is a wealth of information out there, if you would only bother to look for it. Hey guess what I looked I found the information, because I bothered to look.

And please don't be so impatient!!

hondasleeper said:
Did you even bother checking out the Sekonic website?? You could also go down to Cathay and check it out for yourself.

But just to answer your question, according to the information on the website, if you bothered to go look, no it does not provide the ambient to flash ratio. The L358 does.

Next time, please do a search here if not on the internet, there is a wealth of information out there, if you would only bother to look for it. Hey guess what I looked I found the information, because I bothered to look.

And please don't be so impatient!!

Thanks for your input.

Actually i did go to the Sekonic website several times but did not fully understand everything I read as I'm not an experienced photographer and also couldn't be sure if the website did not leave out anything.

So, I thought perhaps someone who has working knowledge of both products could shed some light.

I've posted the thread for days and was hoping for answers fast because there is an MO going on for the products ending soon.

But thanks for the advice. In return, I have an advice for you too. As you are so easily upset, you may want to refrain from visiting this website. You may also want to check yourself into a mental hospital for treatment.

Aiya look what you made me do...
I tried to talk in your language...
I should have just let you be the only asshole here.

Well, it takes one to know one.

benedium said:
Thanks for your input.

Actually i did go to the Sekonic website several times but did not fully understand everything I read as I'm not an experienced photographer and also couldn't be sure if the website did not leave out anything.

So, I thought perhaps someone who has working knowledge of both products could shed some light.

I've posted the thread for days and was hoping for answers fast because there is an MO going on for the products ending soon.

But thanks for the advice. In return, I have an advice for you too. As you are so easily upset, you may want to refrain from visiting this website. You may also want to check yourself into a mental hospital for treatment.

Well, to be honest here, if you are not clear on what they offer you on functions and usage, chances are that you may not know how to use it fully.

My reccomendation would be to pass on the MO first and learn up more on photography (namely flash photography) before you invest in one of these tools.

regards,

zac08 said:
Well, to be honest here, if you are not clear on what they offer you on functions and usage, chances are that you may not know how to use it fully.

My reccomendation would be to pass on the MO first and learn up more on photography (namely flash photography) before you invest in one of these tools.

regards,

Yup. :thumbsup:

That's kinda the reason why I backed out (chief reason being the need to prioritise my spending). I don't really know much about flash photography, so I don't know what I'm getting myself in to. I looked up the website, and it was all in some technical jargon to me. Probably take up some course, then learn more about the ropes before diving in.

Status
Not open for further replies.