How does one justify for one's photo right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noobie

Jan 29, 2007
It is hard right? Because there is no "black and white", well if someone plagiarize your photos and you find out, how do you claim your photo right? Water marking is not 100% as sometime people can do cropping. Like for example, in a photo competition, how does the organiser knows if the photos they receive are original photos from respective photographers? Sorry if this is a noob question. Appreciate all input. TIA.

Plagarise via cropping, etc.. Will be gg when the real photographer can produce a full size image. There is only so much that blowing-up programs can do for your picture.

Other than that, I suppose there'd be other means of checking out the real source of the picture.

Why do you worry anyways? Unless you are a GOSU photographer nothing much will be done with your photographs, and unless you are making money from your photographs in any way (and I dare wager that most here don't), frankly I won't give a damn.

It is of my concern because I am selling some photos to a photo archive oversea. :)

It is of my concern because I am selling some photos to a photo archive oversea. :)
Let them steal your photo and you can sue them... ;) . Provided you always shoot in RAW, and never give RAW.

Regards,
Arto.

agree. never give raw files.. you can give them a 1280_1024 res image and they will be like thinking what to do with it. with such res they have only so much they can do with it. :bsmilie:

if they want hig res files. give them lor and secure the meta data if you can. is this your first time selling ur image to them ? :dunno:

ic. yes, 1st time:) Let say, someone PS your photo with their name and sell it, then one fine day you happen to see your photo appears on sale in a stock photography directory, what can action you take to recover your right? Personally, I really don't think is easy. :what:

ic. yes, 1st time:) Let say, someone PS your photo with their name and sell it, then one fine day you happen to see your photo appears on sale in a stock photography directory, what can action you take to recover your right? Personally, I really don't think is easy. :what:
First step, when that happen, ask what to do in CS forum ;) .

Regards,
Arto.

Check with the person how he got the photo. Claim that you are the rightful owner and ask him to compensate. Basic idea is get back what you deserve and ask him to stop it.

It is not going to benefit either of you if you start a law suit. It is costly and only the lawyers will benefit.

My layman's recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.