How does one choose a lifetime partner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canonised

Aug 27, 2003
If you spot someone whom you fancy and have potential to be your lifetime partner, do you go all the way to get her first and then take your time to "discover" her true characters before you propose OR do you take your time to know her fully, and if you feel she is THE one, then you go all out to get and propose to her? :think:
Of course, any direction has it's pro and cons ...

Why? So mesmerised in the XMM thread that you thinking of skipping the TFCD lingerie shoot and jump straight to proposing to SG's Nigella Laurance ah? :bsmilie:

To answer your question properly, I think there is no way to know someone fully. I think I would go all out to get her first before discovering more later. Of course, you must be a good judge of character in the first place for that to work :bsmilie:

Last edited:
When u say potential/s, how would you be able to gauge if you do not take time to discover her first? Just bec she is pretty and sexy?

This is your lifetime partner, take time to 'examine' and 'inspect' first..... just like buying a lens. But this one no testing. If she is yours, she will be yours...... dun worry about that. I always believe marriage are fated..... Cheers!

If you spot someone whom you fancy and have potential to be your lifetime partner, do you go all the way to get her first and then take your time to "discover" her true characters before you propose OR do you take your time to know her fully, and if you feel she is THE one, then you go all out to get and propose to her? :think:

Old man looking for 2nd life? :think:

this is what my mom told me.

sometimes knowing too much is really too much.
knowing just enough is just right.

for me i guess its almost intepreted as. having some1 whom u think u can tolerate for the rest of ur life? :D

i agree with smalltake.

Take your time to find out the other person. Try to be sure that she also tries to find out about you. The most nonsense rubbish i see is that both sides usually put up a fake front at first ( some all the way ) then after getting married --- full of unhappiness. Some have loss aversion, just hanging on because of fear of being alone, then leave at the next opportunity.

But it also doesn't have to be a 100% fit into both your ideals, that's just asking for a disaster.

Of course must grab her first because other people are also chasing her. I can tell you chasing girls is like going for war. I also used to think we must get to know the girl first, but I was wrong. My NSF buddy got the Giordano salesgirl chio bu.

Of course must grab her first because other people are also chasing her. I can tell you chasing girls is like going for war. I also used to think we must get to know the girl first, but I was wrong. My NSF buddy got the Giordano salesgirl chio bu.

U think beauty will last bro? 15-20 years down the road...... chio bu will become lao bu hor......

Don marry someone that you can live with.

Marry someone that you cannot live without ;)

Don marry someone that you can live with.

Marry someone that you cannot live without ;)
My mummy? :bsmilie::bsmilie:

I think the thread title is misleading. TS already mentioned that in this hypothetical question, you've already spotted a girl whom you think has the potential to be your life partner. It is a matter of deciding if she is the one, not choosing who is the one - that already eliminates a lot of variables.

I would think think that once the charade we put up in courtship is over and once you start fighting and find irritating traits in your partner, you can then decide if this is the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. You can't make a decision based on the things you like about a person, any other person can share the same endearing qualities you like in her.

Bluntly said, it is the crap that you are willing to put up with that should be a deciding factor. If you are comfortable and love your partner for everything she is, including the crap that nobody else likes, then she is the one lor. I always feel sad for my friends who claim that they are so in love with their spouse/gf and they never fight, because it is more likely that either one of them is putting on a front and avoiding disagreements, thinking that a peaceful relationship is a loving one.

And then there's the hard way, that is, if you screw up in life enough times; you will know what to look for in your life partner.

And then there's the hard way, that is, if you screw up in life enough times; you will know what to look for in your life partner.

So how many times do you need to SCREW UP then??

get to know her mother
and if her mother likes you alot, then you can marry the daughter

if anything goes wrong, ask your mother in law to step in

It takes two hand to clap. If only one hand, all you can get is a slap. Point is, before you go all out make sure she feels likewise or you end up like my friend name ROBERT :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.