How does fresh graduate gets a job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

regit

Dec 3, 2003
Singapore
I'm new to the job market and I've been flipping the papers for the last 2 weeks. Seems that all jobs posted on the recruitment pages are asking for experiences :cry: ... Any idea where to start for a freshie?

BTW, what are the big IT/IS consultancy firms in Singapore?

Thank you.

experiences are PREFERRED...

you can just pop in, if you prove stronger than those with experience, then you get the job, or you offer a price more competitive than experienced...

experience doesn't mean everything, they can have 10 years experience in the line, but dun even know a thing about it... cos some just suntanning in office daily...

NCS seems to be always willing to recruit fresh grads from Uni and Poly. Also try SCS and DSTA.

how about putting your resume at jobsdb and jobstreet? think its a pretty good place to look for jobs. you are looking for a software programming job?

Nowadays, most of the jobs are secured online. Go post in some online job search websites and look around the site for opportunities. I'm sure you'll fine more.

Welcome to the big University! :bsmilie:

NCS seems to be always willing to recruit fresh grads from Uni and Poly. Also try SCS and DSTA.

DSTA interview xiong la.. my friend got some really got cert majoring in physics and etc also dun wan.

best part. shes super smart and pretty.... too bad dsta dun wan her... now she become teacher...

hahhaaha....

how about putting your resume at jobsdb and jobstreet? think its a pretty good place to look for jobs.

jobsdb and jobstreet is good. my company sources for pple on that website...

everyday i see my hr and admin pple go through the website for resumes.. and of course they also planning for "contingency" :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

smart eh these pple.... :thumbsup:

Thank you for all the suggestions :) I've posted my resume online and will continue to look online as well.

So far, I've only applied for an entry/graduate position with Accenture, but got knock back (not even interview or looking at transcripts etc...), didn't know that Accenture's standard so high!!! Anyone work for for Accenture, PW, EY, McKinsey, etc? Another one I'm interested is I2R...

how about putting your resume at jobsdb and jobstreet? think its a pretty good place to look for jobs. you are looking for a software programming job?

I did my undergrads in computer science, but its been a while since I do any programming. A bit rusty, so don't think I can do the job well :bsmilie:

even those jobs that say preferreed experience, just apply, no harm. i know some fresh grad who applied lots of jobs, even those that say need experience, some are in banking, IT, school, engrg, consultancy.... if lucky some companies willing to give the person a try...i think attitude and character with reasonably results do help.

Thank you for all the suggestions :) I've posted my resume online and will continue to look online as well.

So far, I've only applied for an entry/graduate position with Accenture, but got knock back (not even interview or looking at transcripts etc...), didn't know that Accenture's standard so high!!! Anyone work for for Accenture, PW, EY, McKinsey, etc? Another one I'm interested is I2R...

I did my undergrads in computer science, but its been a while since I do any programming. A bit rusty, so don't think I can do the job well :bsmilie:

think not only post resume, click the Apply button. I think JobStreet has this Apply button right? Pro-actively searching and also look for Recruits on Saturdays, most of my frens found jobs via Recruits (most of them non IT tho....)

By improving his command of English for a start.

Worry no use, most important is your resume la, sell yourself well to secure that interview.

Next is to worry how to prove what you had sell in that resume.

Mckinsey is super tough if you are applying for consulting job. probably much more stringent than Accenture. My year in NUS engineering I think only one guy got in Mckinsey, an indian guy can TALK very well. What is PW, EY? Are those accounting firms?

I got a friend in Accenture and I heard the life there is tough. Long working hours and not so good pay.

DSTA interview xiong la.. my friend got some really got cert majoring in physics and etc also dun wan.

best part. shes super smart and pretty.... too bad dsta dun wan her... now she become teacher...

hahhaaha....
Whose loss? :think:

What makes one think just results alone will qualify one for DSTA? :think:

Normally firms that ask for 2 to 3 years experience will consider fresh graduates, you can try those.:)

Mckinsey is super tough if you are applying for consulting job. probably much more stringent than Accenture. My year in NUS engineering I think only one guy got in Mckinsey, an indian guy can TALK very well. What is PW, EY? Are those accounting firms?

I got a friend in Accenture and I heard the life there is tough. Long working hours and not so good pay.

I am guessing he meant PW = PriceWaterhouse , EY = Ernst and Young

Accenture will work you to death from 8am - 3am, daily if need be, with low pay.
But with them in your resume as your first job, it's a great stepping board for second job.

regit said:
I did my undergrads in computer science, but its been a while since I do any programming. A bit rusty, so don't think I can do the job well

How are your grades?? Accenture is always looking for people because of high turnover rate, so if you are rejected by them, you might want to aim lower. You have to revise and keep up with programming because most good IT companies will test your programming skills during interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.