How does dust gets inside my lens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw, does anyone know how much is it to remove da dust from ya lens? Or can it be dun anyway?:confused:
Thanks.

Dust already present millions of years ago. How to avoid?:confused:

Bring down to Canon service centre for cleaning lor. $21.00 only, I think incd GST.

If it doesn't affect your pics, leave it as it is.

Thanks. I'll try more shotz thru it and see if its bad.

Bring down to Canon service centre for cleaning lor. $21.00 only, I think incd GST.

Isnt it cheap? Dun they need to recalibrate da alignment and all tat for twenty bucks? If it truly is then they will be seeing more of me. LOL :bsmilie:

I have 2 tiny water droplets inside my 17-40 due to exposure to light rain and doesn't affect my pics. So therefore i'll leave it there.

I have 2 tiny water droplets inside my 17-40 due to exposure to light rain and doesn't affect my pics. So therefore i'll leave it there.

Water got in there because of light rain?

Drizzle to be exact. But 17-40 is said to be weather sealed when a filter is attached to it. Yet, it still gets in.

wow.. r u considering it getting it clean?? i also remembered i read somewhere that it is best not to dismantle the lens.. cos the alignment might not be as good as the original state liao..

wow.. r u considering it getting it clean?? i also remembered i read somewhere that it is best not to dismantle the lens.. cos the alignment might not be as good as the original state liao..

That's y i'm leaving it as it is.

so much for being weather-sealed. i'm not shooting down any brand here, i'm shooting down the company's marketing. :D

so much for being weather-sealed. i'm not shooting down any brand here, i'm shooting down the company's marketing. :D

Yeah i agree. Looked what happened to my 17-40 even though it's weather-sealed when coupled with a UV filter.

i called canon this morning, and they said it cost $60 just to clean my kit lens, and it is the same for the rest of my lens too. Are u very sure it is just $21? how much to calibirate a 20d body?

Status
Not open for further replies.