How Does Camera Write Speeds Relate To Card Speeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wainism

Apr 15, 2004
Beeshan
hi,

been thinking abt this.

how do i find out what is the fastest speed that my camera can write? is it available on dpreview? cos i dunno what to look out for.

i wanna know the relation of the write speeds in relation to the write speeds of cards.

for eg. like the SanDisk Extreme III, has an incredible write speed, but i wanna know if there are any cameras that can even write as fast.

not sure if i m talking in cirles here :confused:

wainism said:
hi,

been thinking abt this.

how do i find out what is the fastest speed that my camera can write? is it available on dpreview? cos i dunno what to look out for.

i wanna know the relation of the write speeds in relation to the write speeds of cards.

for eg. like the SanDisk Extreme III, has an incredible write speed, but i wanna know if there are any cameras that can even write as fast.

not sure if i m talking in cirles here :confused:

Try reading this article...
http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007

don't worry. your camera or any camera can write many many times faster than any CF cards available now (incld Extreme III). The only bottleneck is the CF cards' slow write speed.

Until the day when CF card speeds reach 3digit MBits/sec transfer.. you have little to worry about your CF card out performing your camera.

But when the day comes, buffer flushing is a thing of the past.. we would have almost any buffer as big as your CF card! :bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.