How do you use your lx5?

hawthorne907

Sep 25, 2010
Hi guys, I realized that there are plenty of threads on specifications and where to purchase but there isn't a thread where people can share tips and useful things about the lx5. So here's an initiative and I hope all the masters out there can share their wonderful advice and let newbies like me enjoy the lx5 even more!

Thanks in Advance!

i would love for this thread to be active in lieu of my upcoming LX5 purchase. ^^

okay I got to say the ia mode is really really not bad at all. With IA macro I was able to achieve the bokeh effect effortlessly. happy mode is fantastic if you really just wanna shoot things as they happen without fiddling with so many things.

Hi Guys!
What aspect ratio do u guys set it too?? if i want a A4 print out?
thx!

Hi Guys!
What aspect ratio do u guys set it too?? if i want a A4 print out?
thx!

A4 has an aspect ratio of 1:1.414...

9:16 = 1:1.778
2:3 = 1:1.5
3:4 = 1:1.333

choose between 2:3 & 3:4...

Jus snap snap ard ... Esp food :heart:

Manual, raw, with display grid and histogram on. Somehow I got too used to manual and can't switch back to AV/TV.

Raw pics you have to convert them slowly using the program provided isn't it? So far haven't been playing with raw cause my computer cannot process them unless converted to jpeg

Raw pics you have to convert them slowly using the program provided isn't it? So far haven't been playing with raw cause my computer cannot process them unless converted to jpeg

I'm using DNG converter for Photoshop. Silkypix (bundled software) can process the raw files but I'm not comfortable with using it.

yeah silkypix is not exactly very user friendly to me. is there a huge difference between raw and non raw?

Guys very informative thread here. Cause my lx-5 is use to shoot my 16mth+ bb... the happy mode is fantastic! Just that the AF- Lamp can it be turn off? Cause i find that my bb dun quite like the light. Feel like I blinded him awhile when i focus on him. I try many ways it can only be turn off at the other mode but not the IA mode function.

Can any1 help? Thks!

maybe you can adjust the focus area so that the camera will not be facing him directly but the focus subject is on him?

maybe you can adjust the focus area so that the camera will not be facing him directly but the focus subject is on him?

haha... good idea so we cant actually turn it off 1 right?:)

i think can. go check out the af lamp feature and see if u can turn it off.

Hi Guys,

Will be riding my motorbike n my pillion will be taking pix tmr for a wedding convoy.

Which mode do u guys suggest i use?? thx!!

hahas if the picture are such fast moving ones. Try shutter priority. If all else fails, don't be afraid to use iA mode since I still think its very intelligent.

how long must I charge the battery the first time?