How do you transfer pictures from DC to PC???

How do you transfer pictures from DC to PC???

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

Jan 18, 2002
North West
Visit site
I always wonder which is a better way to transafer pictures from DC to PC.

Use cable to transfer direct from DC.
Some people claim that the connector at the DC will be spoilt soon.

Remove the SM/CF/MS/whatever card media and use a reader to transfer to PC.
Some people say DC can't wrute properly anymore if you keep remove and insert the card media

What do you think???

I think its how you handle the equipment in the first place ... :)

My antique Coolpix 950 has a serial interface, SUPER slow. So I opted for a card reader instead. Anyway, even if your camera has USB or even Firewire, card readers are so much more convenient, and don't waste camera battery. And you don't have to mess around with so many cables - power cable, usb cable....

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang
My antique Coolpix 950 has a serial interface, SUPER slow. So I opted for a card reader instead. Anyway, even if your camera has USB or even Firewire, card readers are so much more convenient, and don't waste camera battery. And you don't have to mess around with so many cables - power cable, usb cable....

Regards
CK
But keep removing and inserting the memory card in DC will spoil the DC or not?

Agree on the tidiness!

Originally posted by Kevin
But keep removing and inserting the memory card in DC will spoil the DC or not?

Agree on the tidiness!

I've removed/insert the CF on my Coolpix for 2 years plus already, and it's still as good as day one. If it spoils, then buy a new one. :D

Regards
CK

Originally posted by isomers007

dat's a rich man's answer....:bsmilie:

hehheh. Otherwise how to justify that new camera you wanted? :) Actually, come to think of it, the CF slot has not failed me yet.... 2+ years is a long time for a digital camera, and its still clicking fine. :)

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

hehheh. Otherwise how to justify that new camera you wanted? :) Actually, come to think of it, the CF slot has not failed me yet.... 2+ years is a long time for a digital camera, and its still clicking fine. :)

Regards
CK

dat's a long-lasting cam...:thumbsup: hope my D5 will last that long too....or till i save enuff to buy a new one :D

My compter table already very cluttered with 2 printers, scanners, joystick... pieces of note... Cannot find a place for my camera ah... Put ontop a pile of things, waot topple my heart ache... and a Card reader is so much faster~

My personal preference is using usb card reader. Much more convenient.:)

I use usb card reader..

but the Sony MS slot and the cover is better designed. Feels very solid... been taking out the MS and putting in back, closing and opening the cover so many times still feels good.

however, the G2 CF opening cover feels that soon it will break off. For one, Sony product is really well designed...

even their boxes are better designed

USB card reader ,is my choice too ..
I got the ZIO SM one ,that i can transform my cards , to Pano ones . ;)

For me I just connect up my camera...USB and pc detech it as a removable drive and I cut from explorer...so much easilier. ;)

Well, todate, 20 USB cable vs 8 card reader so the survey currently show more people prefer the direct transfer from DC to PC.

Well believe me that is not fun at all to transfer 128 megs pictures using the camera it self .

Plus that with the card reader and some software you can recover back deleted pictures .

There are many litle details that makes one USB reader a very usefull device .

In conclusion the USB readers can do :

1) Fast tranfers
2) Images recovery
3) Format cards as Panorama ;)
4) Used as mobile hard drive for ( PC to PC) tranfers
5) Using a reader ,you minimize the danger to damage your cameras USB connector .
6) saving batteries power , So less charging times.
7) Does not cost a fortune .

Hi,

For me, I am using Iomega Fotoshow. It is attached to my PC as a Zip drive.

I would just remove the SM from my DC and slot into the fotoshow before I on the PC. Then a press of just one button will transfer all the photos over to the Zip disk.

then I on the PC to view/edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.