How do you take pic of Christmas tree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circus1

Jun 14, 2006
Setting: In the hotel with those yellow lights
Equipment: D70s + 50mm f1.8 + kit lens

I'm still undecided whether to get 1) SB600 or 2) an affordable tripod first to help me .
I could only get one of the above at this moment :confused:

I was also hoping to take pics of night scenery too, pics of building at night ;p

Help please :)

Flash is not a solution for nightscene. Tripod is.

Can you use flash to light up the whole building?
A tripod "can"

Well up to individual... :cool:

what's the size of the tree like?

I dono yet ;p ,I'll be flying off this Monday morning and want to take lots of pics of Christmas decorations etc. Since I won't be bringing my laptop with me so unable to really preview the pics; the preview on the lcd usually come out different when upload to comp :sweat: Don't want to come home with embarassing oof pics :embrass:

Will a monopod help out in night scene? What sort of setting do you usually set for night photography of building?

Still dependent on the amt of light. Tripod is impt if it's quite dark, but if the Christmas tree is huge, your 18-70 might not be wide enough. Maybe get a wide angle lens?

This shot taken at ISO 800, f8 , 1/30s @10mm

314955686_273a4f79c7.jpg

Still dependent on the amt of light. Tripod is impt if it's quite dark, but if the Christmas tree is huge, your 18-70 might not be wide enough. Maybe get a wide angle lens?

This shot taken at ISO 800, f8 , 1/30s @10mm

314955686_273a4f79c7.jpg

u effectively made the big christmas tree small... :thumbsup:

u effectively made the big christmas tree small... :thumbsup:

No choice lah. That's why I've included people in the shot to give some sort of scale

Status
Not open for further replies.