How do you store your camera bags?


Status
Not open for further replies.
#1
Needless to say, cameras go into the drybox but where do your camera bags go?

I don't really put them in storage, just use a 3M hook and hang them up when not in use.

How does everyone else store their bags? especially people with 3 or more bags.
 

Witness

Senior Member
Mar 18, 2004
6,943
0
36
33
www.maverickatwork.com
#2
eh
i leave them on the floor.... all of them...even my other bags... oh well...my room's in a mess....muhahahs
 

Witness

Senior Member
Mar 18, 2004
6,943
0
36
33
www.maverickatwork.com
#4
eh for wat...a bag is exposed le....

and its for transporting the camera out of the house...where u will use it again..UV is the best agent against fungus muahahaa...
 

#5
I just leave whatever silica gel that came with the bag in the bag.

i leave them on the floor.... all of them...even my other bags... oh well...my room's in a mess
I used to do that too, until I couldn't stand it.

If you have the wall space, then I suggest you do it like this.
Look for the 3m hook that can hold 3kg, of course, your equipment must be out of the bag before you hang it up. The hook costs $4.75. Can be found at DIY shops. I buy mine at Homefix but Carrefour might have it at a cheaper price but this particular model rarer to find, so may not be in stock at Carrefour.
 

Xing

Senior Member
Nov 4, 2004
1,048
0
36
Lower Seletar Reservoir
#7
Put them in plastic bags to keep away dust, then on top of my cabinets. No space on the floor for camera bags ;p
 

#8
Xing said:
Put them in plastic bags to keep away dust, then on top of my cabinets. No space on the floor for camera bags ;p
sadly, the tops of my cabinets are full of my toys :bsmilie:

the plastic bag is an idea but most of the time I just beat the dust off when I want to use my bags
 

Witness

Senior Member
Mar 18, 2004
6,943
0
36
33
www.maverickatwork.com
#9
radedward said:
I just leave whatever silica gel that came with the bag in the bag.



I used to do that too, until I couldn't stand it.

If you have the wall space, then I suggest you do it like this.
Look for the 3m hook that can hold 3kg, of course, your equipment must be out of the bag before you hang it up. The hook costs $4.75. Can be found at DIY shops. I buy mine at Homefix but Carrefour might have it at a cheaper price but this particular model rarer to find, so may not be in stock at Carrefour.

thanks for the tip man...its not tt i dowan to consider such a prospect but my room walls are erhm...FILLED too hahahah
 

user111

Senior Member
Jul 27, 2004
4,702
0
36
#11
very simple

put on the floor

(doh..where else) ;p
 

#14
user111 said:
very simple

put on the floor

(doh..where else) ;p
Show me a photographer with 1 bag and I'll show you who just ran out of money buying his equipment :bsmilie:

I can almost say for certain that any photographer has more than one bag.
For people living in a HDB flat, you are either living your family and have only your room to store stuff (like me) or you have a wife and I don't see many wives telling their hubby its ok to leave their bags lying around :bsmilie:

I used to leave my bags on the floor but that meant that I sometimes couldn't open my cupboard doors. kinda troublesome to keep moving them from different parts of the floor to get to stuff.

so any more ideas on how to store bags with limited space?
 

user111

Senior Member
Jul 27, 2004
4,702
0
36
#15
all my 8 bags can function as normal bag and photo bags hence i dont have to buy photo bags

all my bags are piled up in one corner of the room. the volume taken up is roughly 60cmx60cm base area and height 40cm. that is very little space

all my room furniture (table, chair, mattress, )are collapsible, foldable and movable by 1 person to make extra space and /or re-arrange easily when needed. i store all my personal posessions in translucent tubs hence no bulky cupboards.

you should re-design your room to make it have more effective space:cool:
 

#16
user111 said:
all my 8 bags can function as normal bag and photo bags hence i dont have to buy photo bags

all my bags are piled up in one corner of the room. the volume taken up is roughly 60cmx60cm base area and height 40cm. that is very little space

all my room furniture (table, chair, mattress, )are collapsible, foldable and movable by 1 person to make extra space and /or re-arrange easily when needed. i store all my personal posessions in translucent tubs hence no bulky cupboards.

you should re-design your room to make it have more effective space:cool:
wish I could do that, but I have just way too many things and if I were to put them into tubs, I would have to move tubs for 10 mins to get to the bottom tub :bsmilie:

my current room design is already better than my previous one but I'm still on a never ending quest to find more space.
 

Astin

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2002
4,736
0
36
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
#18
radedward said:
Show me a photographer with 1 bag and I'll show you who just ran out of money buying his equipment :bsmilie:

I can almost say for certain that any photographer has more than one bag.
For people living in a HDB flat, you are either living your family and have only your room to store stuff (like me) or you have a wife and I don't see many wives telling their hubby its ok to leave their bags lying around :bsmilie:

I used to leave my bags on the floor but that meant that I sometimes couldn't open my cupboard doors. kinda troublesome to keep moving them from different parts of the floor to get to stuff.

so any more ideas on how to store bags with limited space?
Ok, that gives an idea, maybe we should ask our wife, girlfriend, sister, daughter, mother, etc, where do they keep their handbags when not using? IE They can always put the bag away when not using, and easily bring it out quickly when need to use...
 

#19
Astin said:
Ok, that gives an idea, maybe we should ask our wife, girlfriend, sister, daughter, mother, etc, where do they keep their handbags when not using? IE They can always put the bag away when not using, and easily bring it out quickly when need to use...
I asked.
Girl's bags are smaller so can store in the wardrobe. Some also can fold so, they can stuff more into it then we can.
I can't imagine stuffing my backpack into my wardrobe. Then again, her wardrobe is bigger than mine :bsmilie:
 

Oct 30, 2003
256
0
0
Visit site
#20
I currently store 3 of my camera bags in the wardrobe and 1 just on the floor. I wish I could fit all 4 in my wardrobe. However, it looks like I will have to buy a plastic container soon and store my camera bags above the wardrobe, because I need the space inside the wardrobe for other things.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom