How do you spend more time on photography?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dacteo

Sep 22, 2009
Hi all

JUst wanted to hear your views.

I have been shooting a few months but still think there are areas to improve. But face a problem that its quite difficult to squeeze time out from my wife to go shooting alone or with fellow csers so as to shoot more and improve.

Woman can really be cumbersome if they find u spend too much time on it and they also dun have the patience with u to wait for the shot... think maybe some of u will understand.

Anyone face similar situations before? any advices?

Hi all

I have been shooting a few months but still think there are areas to improve. But face a problem that its quite difficult to squeeze time out from my wife to go shooting alone or with fellow csers so as to shoot more and improve.

Woman can really be cumbersome if they find u spend too much time on it and they also dun have the patience with u to wait for the shot... think maybe some of u will understand.

get your wife to do photography too :bsmilie:

i think the same can apply to female photographers also la, although there are fewer females here in cs

find gf who's into photography.

just kidding. you can pretend you romantic bring her see sunset, then whip out your camera and tripod and SURPRISE!

jokes aside.... just explain to her why you do what you do, show her nice photos as a result... i'm sure she'll be proud of you. :)

if you mean, going for xmm mass shoots, then sorry, i also frown on those, too bad.. suck thumb!

as for me... i get my gf a cam(pro-consumer) a year back...
now she just love this hobby and even get herself a Dslr... and keep on stealing my lens...
so.. we get to spend more time 2gather + time for more outing(photography)

Hi all

It's one of the reasons I'm still single.. too much time behind the lens and not enough time chasing women.... Now I'm seldom behind the lens but way to sick to chase women. Damn it I can't !@#^*!! win hehe.

Advice, keep photography down to a mild mania, women will appreciate you a lot more and never turn professional until after your married.

as for me... i get my gf a cam(pro-consumer) a year back...
now she just love this hobby and even get herself a Dslr... and keep on stealing my lens...
so.. we get to spend more time 2gather + time for more outing(photography)

:thumbsup:Ha I think this is quite good. I also try to get my gf interested in photography but not enough money to buy another camera. I do tell her more about what I've learnt as I explore and sometimes she'll ask me more.

I ask my gf to become my model and go out every weekends for photoshoots. lol!

• Buy her a DSLR of a respectable level. Not the cheapo type such that when she looks at yours and then back to hers, she will go wruaaack...
  • Share all your fantastic lenses with her.
  • Bring her for ALL your photoshoot outings - Photo trips overseas, studio shoots, own outdoor shoots... whatever... (even bikini shoots if she asks for it)
  • Buy her a laptop same as yours.
  • Teach her how to do PP. No matter how new you are. Tell her "we will grow together in this..." She'll go crazy over this romantic statement, trust me.
  • As you learn, everything you have learned - show it to her and let her practise.
  • Sit down with her side by side in bed, at the cafe... looking at each other's laptop and photos & do PP.
  • Whatever accessories you buy for your camera, buy in double.
  • Shower her with praises. Make sure more praises than criticism.
By the time you have done all these, you would have spent more time than you ever wanted on photography.
Ahem... all my personal experience.

Last edited:
lol if she really wants to learn you shouldn't only shower her with praises mah :bsmilie:

you can both give honest opinions on each others' works :)

unless it's a self-portrait, in which case, better lie about the model if you don't think she's pretty. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

p.s. not speaking about personal experience, btw.

Last edited:
lol if she really wants to learn you shouldn't only shower her with praises mah :bsmilie:

you can both give honest opinions on each others' works :)

Certainly, riotvan.
Come on, you are a woman, for goodness sake. :bsmilie:
I am sure your goat does this:

• Goat: "Wow, that's a nice shot! Your horizon is soooo horizontal!"
  • Van: "You like it?"
  • Goat: "I love it. Ermm... the perspective looks a little skewed. But, wow - look at the colour of the sky - it's sooooo blue!"
  • Van: "Yes, then how? What can I do?"
  • Goat: "Re-shoot it lor... But wait, hey I like your composition though. That passerby next to the Eiffel tower REALLY helps portray the hugeness of the tower!"
  • Van: "You think so?"
  • Goat: "Certainly! I think you have done a great job!"
  • Goat: "Loved it! I couldn't have done better. Those fellows who always give me the thumbsup... nah, they are just pulling me legs... You are the one and the only. Trust me."

Like that lor.

Anyway, TS dacteo.
Don't mean to OT on your thread.
Since you have raised the point of your wife complaining about your photography interest, I believe my couple of posts here do have something to do with the aim of your thread. ;).

Certainly, riotvan.
Come on, you are a woman, for goodness sake. :bsmilie:
I am sure your goat does this:

• Goat: "Wow, that's a nice shot! Your horizon is soooo horizontal!"
  • Goat: "I love it. Ermm... the perspective looks a little skewed. But, wow - look at the colour of the sky - it's sooooo blue!"
  • Van: "Yes, then how? What can I do?"
  • Goat: "Re-shoot it lor... But wait, hey I like your composition though. That passerby next to the Eiffel tower REALLY helps portray the hugeness of the tower!"
  • Van: "You think so?"
  • Goat: "Certainly! I think you have done a great job!"
  • Goat: "Loved it! I couldn't have done better. Those fellows who always give me the thumbsup... nah, they are just pulling me legs... You are the one and the only. Trust me."

Like that lor.

mad

lol we have conversations like

"what to do with this photo?"

"just trash it"

LOL

:

• Goat: "eh your horizon crooked la"
  • Goat: "eh big ben not vertical la"
  • Goat: "maybe 4:3 works better, stop using 3:2"
  • Goat: "wa lau you don't know how to use nd filter"

Like that lor.

corrected :bsmilie::thumbsup: of course not all everytime.

sorry, got no double standards one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.