How do you shoot?

How do you shoot?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammer_400

Nov 13, 2003
Sg
During events, school performances etc, how do you guys shoot? and which is the proper way if there is any?

its your job to take good pictures... how to take good pictures if not right in front of the stage?

hmmm... :think: how 2 take good pictures if not in the front ? :dunno:

but the thing is some pple complain dun like the photographer to stand in front like big shot ...
so juz wonderin wat other photographers do..

I'm the less gung-ho type. If possible I try not to make myself noticed by the audience/participants. It just spoils the atmosphere of the whole event.

Shoot what you need, lie low if possible, then get lost. Don't block the paying audience. It's their right.

i dont have a uber-wide lens, so i'd rather stand further away and try to use a long zoom instead :)

unless of course, the audience is so shy that they're standing away 20 meters, then i'm considered to be in front of them?

Sometimes you have to be Gung Ho to take that important pictures, well you can't be standing there for the whole event rite? But you still can decide whether to block audience or not depending on situation, just be tactful and act discreetly.

Either that or get a tele zoom and stand really far. But better make sure the lens is fast...:D

Harlequin said:
Get a ladder and assistant and ignore the rest....heh heh...

Sounds like the legendary Silver Box man that i've heard about from other CS'ers... any one can identify him or can post a picture of him at work? Or is he like Silver Hawk (the Michelle Yeoh one, not some cartoon) - all ellusive?

dun have to feel paisey abt it...

well.. if u r the official photographer for tt event... u can stand aniwhere u like to shoot.. i was once the photographer for alive 2003.. where i really get the chance to have close contacts with fan yi cheng, corrine may bla bla bla.... i also heck care.. u can even jump onto the stage if u wan... lolz... :D

i am commisssion to shoot the event, so the focus is how to get good shots, not to think that i'm blocking other people. if i miss the shot, how to explain?

"well, i missed this shot because i did not want to block the audience..." how would your client feel? :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.