How do you read a XD-CARD on a Sony Vaio Cr That only has an SD slot sthingimbossible

Status
Not open for further replies.

readmyemotions

Nov 29, 2007
How do you read a XD card that olympus digital cameras use on a Sony Vaio Cr Laptop that only has a SD slot. This prevents me from buying the camera.:(

HI I NEED HELP BADLY> I WANNA GET A OLYMPUS CAMERA , but it only uses a XD card reader, but my laptop only has a SD CARD SLOT. How do i transfer my pictures to my com? Thanks!

Card reader.

Does ur notebook come with a memory card adapter?

just buy a memory card reader la. u can get a really cheap one for around $10+

How do you read a XD card that olympus digital cameras use on a Sony Vaio Cr Laptop that only has a SD slot. This prevents me from buying the camera.:(

The cam will come with a USB cable. Why not just use it to connect to the Vaio? If you are running XP/Vista, the system will automatically download the pics into the hdd for you. No unnecessary card readers and then complaints of cannot see the pics, pics lost, etc...

Simple solution. The USB cable is supplied for a good reason. Then you have the Master 2 software from Olympus and if you install that, then link with the USB cable to your camers, the software then takes over the download from your cam. Ta.. Da ...

See my signature . . . I have never used a card reader. . .

Not sure about Sony but my Samsung labtop's slot can read memory stick, SD and XD card at least. It has only one single slot with "memory stick" printed on it, but a sticker on the labtop that indicate the features of the labtop states "multi Card Slot". So far, I have no problem using it to access my SD and XD cards directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.