How do you put Silica Gel in your camera bags?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wainism

Apr 15, 2004
Beeshan
hi

just want to find out how do u guys put silica gels in ur bags? i mean what do u use to contain them?

or is there a better drying agent?

thanks

where can i buy those type? how much?

If in camera bag, you can try this packet-type thirsty hippo product, just leave it in the bag.

P4128502.jpg

Otherwise you can buy one of these little pouches to keep the silica gels (I use this in my dry box).

P4128503.jpg

If in camera bag, you can try this packet-type thirsty hippo product, just leave it in the bag.

P4128502.jpg

Otherwise you can buy one of these little pouches to keep the silica gels (I use this in my dry box).

P4128503.jpg

where u buy these little pouches?

yup, can advise where to get these packing for hippo and the one u use for silica gel?

The thirsty hippo can be found in most supermarkets... I got mine from NTUC Fairprice. Just look around in the household section and you'll be able to find the box. :)

I got the small pouch from Bali, but I guess you can find it in any handicraft or stationery shop. You can also find these in florists, where they put potpourri for decoration.

Hope the above info is useful...

Have a good weekend!!

thanks man

will try to find.

if any of u guys know where to get these little pouches can post here too

Thanks!

thanks man

will try to find.

if any of u guys know where to get these little pouches can post here too

Thanks!

I think Art Friend should have those little pouches.

i think muji hav these little pouches... just curious, why u need to put dessicators in ur camera bag? it is not air tight, the the moisture will keep going into the bag (mass action) and ur dessiator will just keep sucking...:D

i think muji hav these little pouches... just curious, why u need to put dessicators in ur camera bag? it is not air tight, the the moisture will keep going into the bag (mass action) and ur dessiator will just keep sucking...:D
Exactly. And carcinogen (if you use blue silica gel) some more.

Regards,
Arto.

I dun get it! :dunno:
With the amount of moisture in (& constantly enterring) the bag, unless you place an insane amount of silica gel, it wouldn't make much or any difference at all. :bsmilie:

Also run a risk of the bag/container breaking and the silica beads spilling all over, risking them damaging your gear. :sweat:

hmmm...

food for thought...

guess got paranoid when my friend's lens kena fungus

if really the dessicator will make u feel safer than get the thirsty hippo pack like what shown above ba. i used it b4 for my lock and lock dry box, it will not break or leak even if u subject it to pressure. quite good in my opinion. put it into a good ziplock bag when u don need to use it in ur camera bag and chuck it into the dry cabi, will help it last longer. hope this helps.

if really the dessicator will make u feel safer than get the thirsty hippo pack like what shown above ba. i used it b4 for my lock and lock dry box, it will not break or leak even if u subject it to pressure. quite good in my opinion. put it into a good ziplock bag when u don need to use it in ur camera bag and chuck it into the dry cabi, will help it last longer. hope this helps.

With friction and sideway torque force, rather play safe and prevention is better then cure if the bag containing the silica gel really does break :sweat: . ;)

With friction and sideway torque force, rather play safe and prevention is better then cure if the bag containing the silica gel really does break :sweat: . ;)

wah, no one call u really go and subject it to nasty treatment ah... just slot it somewhere u think is appropriate loh. btw the hippo does not use silica i think, they use some carbonate stuff i guess (not sure though). anyway, as long as the TS is happy with it, it should be fine yar... :D

wah, no one call u really go and subject it to nasty treatment ah... just slot it somewhere u think is appropriate loh. btw the hippo does not use silica i think, they use some carbonate stuff i guess (not sure though). anyway, as long as the TS is happy with it, it should be fine yar... :D

Ya, as long as the TS or anyone 'Hua He Jio Ho' :bsmilie:
Dun need nasty treatment to break the bag. slight wrong move in the wrong
direction then break liao. smaller beads can enter places where they shouldn't go! :sweat: Dare not think anout it! :cry: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.