How do you pronounce "Lowepro"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightworkz

Jul 3, 2007
서울
Most of my friends pronounce it wrongly. haha. Strangely, I prefer the erred pronunciation to the correct one. :)

Last edited:
how do u pronounce it then?

lu-ee-pro? :bsmilie:

Is pronounce as "LOW PRO", no "e" in it, just go to their website to listen to their product video.

http://vidego.productvideocast.com/player.php?p=cx0f849x

anyway, people at Cathay also pronounce as "Low E Pro",

if you want to act smart at other camera shops to pronounce "Lowepro" with ang moh accent, later they give you a china bag than you'll know.

Went for their Seminar abt 2 yrs back they people from their co pronouce it, Low Pro the E is silent.

Yes, the official pronunciation from the company documentation is "Looowpro" without the "e". I just realized it when my Jap friend said "Loor prooh" "Loor prooh", I was puzzled, what was he talking about, he said the camera bag brand. Stupidly, I told him should be "Lowiepro", he said "no no" and show me the Japanese kana of the official address of Lowepro. It is written as ロープロ・アジアwhich means Lowepro Asia. Those who have studied Japanese knows that ロープロ is pronounce as ROOPURO, it is a long "O". So please pronounce it correctly next time, without the "e", but I still prefer Lowypro. :)

Last edited:
some say it's Lowepro, others say it's Low Pro

all I know is, it's called expensive.

kthxbai.

low pro, lowepro, it's really up to you.

germans pronounce nikon as NAI-kon.

Anyway, just realize that the Chinese name for Lowepro is hilarious. :bsmilie:

It is call 樂攝寳。 Sounds ermmm......:bsmilie::bsmilie:

樂攝寳 = rubbish treasure

Well, literally it means "Happy Photo-taking gem". I think if the big boss of Lowepro knows about the pun, the guy who came out with this Chinese name will be sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.