How do you...print out histograms and viewfinder focusing points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwi2

Deregistered
Feb 4, 2003
Visit site
How can we print out as a hard copy or at least display on the computer monitor histograms that are displayed in the LCD of the digital camera? Can we also do that for the focusing points superimposed on the image captured?

Thank you!!!

kiwi2 said:
How can we print out as a hard copy or at least display on the computer monitor histograms that are displayed in the LCD of the digital camera? Can we also do that for the focusing points superimposed on the image captured?

Thank you!!!

As far as i know, only the 1Ds stores the AF points used. And it's also not terribly useful if you have the habit of 'lock AF and recompose'.

As for histogram, many software are able to generate the histogram of any image, from camera or otherwise. Doing a screen capture would let you print the histogram. Photoshop gives historgrams, as well as the software that comes with most camera.

Thanks ST1100.

How about printing a hard copy or displaying the LCD menus on the computer monitor? Like the ones we see done on dpreview. Does anyone know how to? Thanks!

The easiest way is to take a picture of the histogram with another digicam. i think they do it that way. It would be quite ridiculous to modify the camera's firmware so that reviewers can download screenshots from the camera.

Oh.. that's how it's done huh... I thot somehow there's a way to "download" the digital camera's LCD menu into the computer. *blur* Okie thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.