how do you pack/carry your camera, kits and tripod together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mynextday

Oct 9, 2008
care to share about whats your best method of carryings your stuffs(camera, lens, tripod, misc) around, travelling etc...without the hassles.

cos i find it a lil bit inconvenient carrying 2 sling bags (tripod and camera) around, if you know wat i mean :dunno:

depends, you want the cheap option or something else?

cheap option, fishing/photographer vest + any outdoor backpack..around $60 unless willing to look high and low. As i myself use this kind of setup, you get to carry extremely large amounts of gear here and there.

Hi. Get one of those backpacks by Lowepro that allows you to secure yout tripod on the back, so that you can travel with all the barang-barang with ease. Having said that, I've just returned from a tour, and I'm rather happy with carrying both a backpack for my camera & lenses, and a separate bag for my tripod.

I get my wife to carry the tripod bag. Of course, with that comes with other inconvenience as well if you know what I mean...

I try not to carry the tripod bag, just strap it and carry the tripod over the shoulder.
The bag stays in the hotel or home.

[vid]6R73OJzKxUs[/vid]

Anything that offers maximum protection, portability as well as accessibility.

best method of carryings your stuffs(camera, lens, tripod, misc) around, travelling etc...without the hassles.

Have an assistant help you, but you still need to know how to pack and what to use to pack.

I get my wife to carry the tripod bag. Of course, with that comes with other inconvenience as well if you know what I mean...

Wow...:thumbsup: I thought it's the men nowadays that have to carry the women's handbags, etc.

btw, not only I have to carry my camera bag and tripod, I sometimes need to carry my 1 year old baby too during tour, eg. when wife takes a loo break. But then again, carrying the camera stuff is no sweat like carrying baby.

[vid]6R73OJzKxUs[/vid]

Anything that offers maximum protection, portability as well as accessibility.

Have an assistant help you, but you still need to know how to pack and what to use to pack.

nice video

nice suggestions guys :)

if there's a way to carry both stuffs using a single sling strap tat will be cool.:cool:

now i'm trying to figure out how to carry both bags with just one sling.
invention in the making. haha

hmmm...guess i've made it like this

2217058780069073999S500x500Q85.jpg

2929995520069073999S500x500Q85.jpg

model's not included

If on an event assignment:

Lowepro Stealth Reporter D200AW
- 400D Gripped + 17-40L
- 30D / 400D (borrowed) + 85mm 1.8 (or 55-250IS, borrowed)
- Additional lens (either 85mm or 55-250, depending on which isn't used) stowed under the cameras

Lowepro Sliplock 60AW pouch
- 2x 580EXII or 580EXII + 430EX (additional flash borrowed)

Lowepro Sliplock Watter Bottle Bag
- Water Bottle

Hand-carry my tripod bag (either with a tripod inside, or my one-umbrella lighting gear/support)

If on a slack event assignment,
Lowepro SR D200AW
- 400D Gripped + 17-40L mounted + 85mm stowed away + 580EXII + Diffusers (lightsphere and bounce card/board) + water bottle

hand carry tripod / lighting gear in tripod bag

If on a non-event photographic assignment,
Lowepro Primus AW backpack
400D + 17-40L + 85mm + 580EXII in the bottom photographic compartment
Other stuff put into the above compartment (lightsphere, bounce card/board, jacket etc)
tripod strapped to the outside of my bag.

Cheers,
Zexun

I always found the tripod bag to be a hassle. I'd have to lay things down, take out the tripod from bag and set it up...... Repeat ad_nauseum....

Nowadays, I just dangle it to by shoulder strap or secure to a side strap on the camera bag.

:)

tripod on a sling, everything else in a shoulder bag.

Lowepro Primus AW backpack sounds like a nice idea too.

but looking at their webby seems like the camera will be under pressure...as it is almost to the bottom of the bag...hopefully the padding is enough to prevent dents and scratches.
so Zexun what's ur way of carrying everything if ya travelling around?

tripod on a sling, everything else in a shoulder bag.

thats wat i did currently 2 sling bags.
maybe i'll dropby cathay photo for their promotion on lowepro
any idea when issit last tilll?

Last edited:
The photographer's SBO :D

Camera body with lens sling over neck or cross sling, waist pack such as Think Tank Change Up (with 3 lenses or 2 lenses with flash) and tripod in a normal and empty unpadded back pack, tripod partly protruding out. Whip out tripod as if like sword - for lighter tripod only, for heavy tripod may need to put down the backpack. Putting tripod in backpack is still more convenient than a tripod bag as a tripod bag need to unzip the whole bag to retrieve the tripod. Also carrying tripod on your back spreads the load compared to shoulder or cross sling.

When travelling by plane, tripod goes into check in luggage. Body (Pro body or body with grip) can place inside Think Tank Chimp Cage and put in hand luggage. Change Up waist pouch strapped around waist all the time.

Last edited:
3102000713_2c53f06932_o.jpg

All packed into one vest with camera body simply in a sling bag. usually reserved for Student functions and such who cannot really afford a photographer to cover the event. This one is usually pro bono case by case. The vest actually helps to boost the student`s image as almost everytime people will ask how much for photographer so just anyhow whack a big figure suka suka only. (For some reason, for this crowd..the brighter the flash considered the more better the photographer???)

3102835522_7d9bd01470_o.jpg

My snatch and grab kit when out of nowhere got call up for event. Covers short range and long range mostly.

3102001383_8e276ec4b3_o.jpg

When the absolute best performance is needed, have to open the Storeroom. Like going for war which in a sense is true.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.