how do you manage your slides and negatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wryer

Dec 17, 2002
Tampines
Visit site
hihi,

im curious about how you guys go about organising your negs? (slides, negs) Is there a special folder where i can keep my negs? Do u organise by date/genre of photos etc?

Im really interested to know because presently, my organisation of them are in a shambles! ;p

Wryer said:
hihi,

im curious about how you guys go about organising your negs? (slides, negs) Is there a special folder where i can keep my negs? Do u organise by date/genre of photos etc?

Im really interested to know because presently, my organisation of them are in a shambles! ;p

No organization what so ever........ just stick them in a cupboard and let them rot lor....... too many liaoz......

for me.. i would name the album and paste a sticker to the photo album.... then for the negatives/slide i would also do the same then all of them slot it into a clear folder...

its just a normal clear folder... and i think can hold quite a lot of negatives and film.... and also can get refill for the slots...

just some suggestion... maybe this method is still very troublesome :embrass: .... so if there's any other better ideas... please keep them coming k?? ;)

cheers

yep yep, would love more innovative ideas..
thanks to both of u for contributing.

Mine usually comes with a contact print so I'l just file that up and keep the negatives in a corner....if need a pic, look up the contact print and retreive the negative.

Thinking of getting another dry cabinet for my negatives....some of them have fungus growing on them already...:(

sorry forget to add... theres some work done to the clear folder...!

i divide each clear slots in the folder into 3 slots for three album of negatives by using a thin double sided tape... (the slots are in A4 size)

Note: don't use to many refill if not the folder will be very bulky... i try to keep mine flat so it is neat and can fit into shelves easily...

cheers...

Wryer said:
hihi,

I've seen a professional photographer filing his negatives in a special type of clear folder designed for this purpose. Maybe can try major bookstores like Popular?

For me, I just stack all in my drawer but label them properly.

Maybe u can get those special negative and slide pockets. Think cathay sells them though think quite ex... or order in bulk from bhphoto or adorama :D

i bought a slide file fr FOTOHUB, OUB building raffles place last wk, got a hard file and 20 plastic sheets tt holds 20slides per sheet, cost me $23..

there is another version tt is same file, but with plastic sheets tt let u slot your negatives in.. also same price, $23.. think a solution if u lazy, like me, to buy clear folders n divide the sheets to hold the negatives/slides yourself..

How do you guys store negs that you want? like for eg out of 1 roll you like only 2 frames, what do you do? cut the 2 out? or store the entire row of frames the 2 frames are located on? if you cut them out, how do you store them? can you put them in slide mounts? are we able to subsequently give the entire slide mount containing the normal neg to be redeveloped?

hoppinghippo said:
How do you guys store negs that you want? like for eg out of 1 roll you like only 2 frames, what do you do? cut the 2 out? or store the entire row of frames the 2 frames are located on? if you cut them out, how do you store them? can you put them in slide mounts? are we able to subsequently give the entire slide mount containing the normal neg to be redeveloped?

What i did was to file the entire roll, but i would use a those coloured stickers and paste on those i like. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.