How do you keep your camera bags clean ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loupgarou

Sep 9, 2003
I refer to backpacks and such where after a long days shoot is full of sweat, grass stains etc.

do you wash the thing under running water and soap and hang it out to dry or are there special precautions etc.

or you aren't supposed to wash them? dry clean?

Hehehe.... Interesting question you ask... For me, I'd just dump the entire bag into the washing machine... Of course, without the camera and the rest of my gear... ;)

Use warm water to clean them and hang dry but nt in the sun...don't use any strong cleaning solvent or it will destroy the water-proofing coating inside...

For dust, just get a shoe-brush and will do a good job... :thumbsup:

otnaicus said:
Hehehe.... Interesting question you ask... For me, I'd just dump the entire bag into the washing machine... Of course, without the camera and the rest of my gear... ;)

This only works for bags with removal padded inserts Like Lowepro Report AW series. Isn't it?

Cheers,

For me, I'll try not to use the bag too often........ :bsmilie:
Keep it in the dry box to prevent humidity from destroying the lining :blah:

OK, just use water to rinse it. Take good care during usage. Less dirt less washing.

Aton said:
For me, I'll try not to use the bag too often........ :bsmilie:
Keep it in the dry box to prevent humidity from destroying the lining :blah:

OK, just use water to rinse it. Take good care during usage. Less dirt less washing.

wah brother, you win liao, try not to use the bag too often or else humidity would destroy the lining? :bigeyes: :D

So, do you have a drybox outside your drybox to keep it dry? :D

justarius said:
So, do you have a drybox outside your drybox to keep it dry? :D

Of course not....I put the dry box in a dark room. :D
ahem...to keep it cool :cool:
haha OT liao..

Now I remember, I have never wash any of my 2 back pack before :bigeyes:

and my lowepro waistbag too. :sweat:

normally u juz air it..... if really cannot make it then wash as last resort....without the paddings inside...

loupgarou said:
I refer to backpacks and such where after a long days shoot is full of sweat, grass stains etc.

do you wash the thing under running water and soap and hang it out to dry or are there special precautions etc.

or you aren't supposed to wash them? dry clean?

Follow manufacturer's instructions. In their absence, follow practices posted here, only after using your discretion. No liability assumed whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.