How do you guys clean your micro fibre cloth?

Ho do you clean your microfibre cloth

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeSwitch

Oct 28, 2005
1.45N 103.83E
www.flickr.com
Had been wondering if anyone ever wash their microfibre cloth. The ones we use to clean our gears with. It will get dirty sooner or later right? At least theres some sweat and dust trapped in the cloth.

normal way as in? :dunno:

for me i use mild hand soap. :)

sORe-EyEz said:
normal way as in? :dunno:

for me i use mild hand soap. :)

lol thats what my mom told me when i asked her how to wash it :sweat:

Cost of cloth, $10.

Cost of Grime damaging lens if not washed properly, $150 - $12000

Cost of your best photo with defects b'cos of that, Priceless. :(

yah, thats the latest thing i learnt. you don't need a dust-free lens. coz, in the photo, it wun be affected. my friend taught me this, coz I asked why he didn protect his lens with a lens cap.

Andy Ang said:
Cost of cloth, $10.

Cost of Grime damaging lens if not washed properly, $150 - $12000

Cost of your best photo with defects b'cos of that, Priceless. :(

This is the best. :thumbsup:

I had not washed my yet. only use vacumm to suck out dust.

I just wash it with water and than let it dry.

DeSwitch said:
Had been wondering if anyone ever wash their microfibre cloth. The ones we use to clean our gears with. It will get dirty sooner or later right? At least theres some sweat and dust trapped in the cloth.
Use dish washing detergent. Leaves no residue!

lsisaxon said:

Are you sure? :bigeyes: I dont dare to use any detergent just in case there are residue that can etch away the coating of the Lenses or filter.

DeSwitch said:
Are you sure? :bigeyes: I dont dare to use any detergent just in case there are residue that can etch away the coating of the Lenses or filter.
Yeah.. don't tell me you're going to eat the residue on your utensils and cutlery? But of course you'll have to rinse them well.

you guys are worrying too much and getting paranoid.

Just clean it properly and make sure all residues of soap and detergents are removed. Else use fresh wipes all the time...

Aiyah if too scared then just buy a new one lah. It's so cheap. I never wash mine. If you vacum then you will be cleaning only one side of it because while you clean one side the dust is sucked on the other side. Unless your house is totally dust free.

occasionaly normal way of cleaning.

I just wash it with all kind of detergent (all of them works well) and hang to dry... my cloth been wash like 5-6 time already, thou its $10, I have save so far $50-60 like that... ha ha

If you can afford an expensive piece of camera lens, I think it is reasonable to change your microfibre cloth once in a while as part of maineanance.

I change mine once every year. :)

lsisaxon said:

Same here.

Usually I wasted it in the office sink. and it will be dry by the time I am going home...

won't do it at home, coz if mom cooks, the smoke and oilly fumes will stuck onto the cleaned cloth.

Status
Not open for further replies.