How do you get this kind of picture?

http://www.chasejarvis.com/#mi=2&pt=1&pi=10000&s=0&p=1&a=0&at=0

A photo by Chase Jarvis.

How did he get the really saturated sky and the high contrast dessert background?

Thanks!

You'll need a C-PL filter for the sky. He probably has a setup of strobes for the shoot to help illuminate the subject in front of the strong ambient light source. For the contrasty background, you can do that by adjusting the levels (blacks) of the photo in photoshop and also increasing the tonal contrast. This is just a general guide, my feel is that a lot much more effort is put into the post processing. Another good photographer you should see is Dave Hill, many have tried to mimic the looks of his photos. Although lots have come close but none is exact, its not just a simple filter that can be applied automatically. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Chase is a good marketeer but i dont think he knows anything about retouching? His videos is always about things he can manage, i.e gears, (erh... thats all), and talking (lots of it). The rest... is not done by him.

Having said that, he is one of the most successful photographer who knows how to market himsellf... thru social media. Kudos to him :)

I don't think the photo is done using camera filters and lighting only. Most of his photos are heavily touched up with Photoshop. He uses PS like a painter painting art pieces.

He even has his own iPhone app called "Best Camera". I know because I have it :). Nice app.

I don't think the photo is done using camera filters and lighting only. Most of his photos are heavily touched up with Photoshop. He uses PS like a painter painting art pieces.

He even has his own iPhone app called "Best Camera". I know because I have it :). Nice app.

I think his DI support 'uses PS like a painter painting art pieces'. Chase doesnt...

Everytime when people tell me that PP is cheating, I point them to Chase's work. Hahaha

Everytime when people tell me that PP is cheating, I point them to Chase's work. Hahaha

the moment we use any devices and media to capture a picture we have had commit adultery and injustice to the actual scene. btw even when we see with our eyes we have altered the reality, hence nobody see thing the same. even the blinds have their own interpretation.

jopel said:
jQuery JavaScript Library v1.4.1

Do you know which script is it?
There are many jQuery script out there. :sweat:
Thank you :)

the moment we use any devices and media to capture a picture we have had commit adultery and injustice to the actual scene. btw even when we see with our eyes we have altered the reality, hence nobody see thing the same. even the blinds have their own interpretation.

*likes*:thumbsup:

Do you know which script is it?
There are many jQuery script out there. :sweat:
Thank you :)

Chase Jarvis uses the quickbooks service for his website, both mobile and non-mobile. And the mobile version is powered by jQuery.

Chase Jarvis uses the quickbooks service for his website, both mobile and non-mobile. And the mobile version is powered by jQuery.

Thanks