How do you feel if this happens to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Manphoroto

1. Someone posted an item to sale in B&S
2. SMS to enquire and seller agreed on price
3. Seller fix a time and venue to meet up, it's 2 days later, both agreed
4. 1 day before the meetup, seller SMS again said item was sold to a higher bidder

I guess this is quite common in our society, just want to hear how many of you have meet such incident

bo pian lar.

if you think it is a good deal, you have to act fast.
what would you be if you are the seller, stick on your principle and sell your item for lesser money?
or what if you are the person who potong jalan?

Let it be, let it be.
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

It happens anywhere, everywhere...let it be...let it be...

1. Someone posted an item to sale in B&S
2. SMS to enquire and seller agreed on price
3. Seller fix a time and venue to meet up, it's 2 days later, both agreed
4. 1 day before the meetup, seller SMS again said item was sold to a higher bidder

I guess this is quite common in our society, just want to hear how many of you have meet such incident

Its rude, but thats life.

Shrug and move on. Item is sold, money has changed hands, so no point crying over spilt milk.

bo pian lar.

if you think it is a good deal, you have to act fast.
what would you be if you are the seller, stick on your principle and sell your item for lesser money?
or what if you are the person who potong jalan?

Let it be, let it be.
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

today happy mood ar? can sing song... :thumbsup:

happened 3 times to me before. I left the seller bad feedback. I think we should honor agreements, verbal or written.

happened 3 times to me before. I left the seller bad feedback. I think we should honor agreements, verbal or written.

Totally agree that buyers and sellers should honour what were being agreed instead of going for the best deal after committments were made. I am concerned that some people actually think this practice is acceptable.

I would be upset if the incident faced by the TS happens to me.

New clone account ....

Majority of my purchases never really value for money*being fussy* :embrass: , lessons learnt.....pay abit more*work harder* and buy brand new. :bsmilie:

Recently, one of my good friends got cheated.....due to over confidence in trusting the buyer. Money sent, good never arrive. Few hundred bucks :angry:

A deal is a deal, there is no indication that the item is up for further bidding and he even posted item is "reserved for viewing" right after the commnunication.

For this instance the seller called off the deal even before the first party has a chance to view, what matter most is the meet up time and venue was propose by the seller and both party agreed, there is a strong conspiracy that the seller purposely delaying the meet up time so that he can fall back if no one else coming up with higher bid.

One can argue that the seller still has the ultimate right to decide who to deal with and of coz I am not going to disagree, I can only feel "LLBP" and you will too if you are in my shoe. On the other hand I feel bad for the seller because I can see how much his personality worth.

This shouldn't happen in our world and I hope everyone who read this remember that you are part of the community and every single decision that you make contributed to the development of this precious place that so many of us love and cherish.

I rest my case, better luck next time :sweat:

No point to complain when you are using a clone account created today. Also no point to complain when you are not being specific about who you are talking about.

Also, the seller has no guarantee you were going to buy (since you said its viewing only) - hence one bird in the hand is better than two in the bush. Did he expressly promise that he will hold it until you got a chance to view?

If not, then I dont think you have any legitimate grounds.

At least he notified you, some don't even bother to notify.

I can forgive the seller.
Really.
I won't feel anything at all.

Guess I have reached the point where I can "let it go".

It is only a photographic item, not life and death.
Just a hobby.

Hypothetically someone called the seller and offered to buy at a much higher price than before you viewed.

After viewing you may not buy. It is an unknown.

You will have a case if both you and the seller had signed a written contract drafted by lawyers clearly stating the whole deal.

Some sellers will stand by their offer and some don't.

Don't lose any sleep over something so trivial.

Status
Not open for further replies.