How do you determine if a picture has commercial value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

honeyJK

Mar 31, 2008
www.flickr.com
Hello everyone! After reading so many Kopitiam threads, i shall start one myself! =)

Q: How do you determine if a picture has any "value" in it? And I am refering to portraits shoots of girls.

This is rather impt to me cos I am learning to add in values to my pictures! Thanks everyone! Do add in pictures to further explain!

:kiss:

Hello everyone! After reading so many Kopitiam threads, i shall start one myself! =)

Q: How do you determine if a picture has any "value" in it? And I am refering to portraits shoots of girls.

This is rather impt to me cos I am learning to add in values to my pictures! Thanks everyone! Do add in pictures to further explain!

Here are some ideas:-

1. Some shoot to express their inner thoughts and feelings.

2. Others shoot to record an event or an accident.

3. Many just simply shoot for money (pictures that have commercial value)

When you think of money, shoot according to the needs of the buyer.
Think of what the customers want to buy and identify them.

In your case, you are shooting female models, so who will want to buy them?
What are the customers looking for?
Are they looking for a better smile, a better emotion expressed or something else.
Before you shoot think of who will want to buy the pictures first.

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie::heart:

You referred specifically to 'portraits shoots of girls'. Unless some stock agencies or some companys can use the picture, there isnt any 'commercial' value.

Anyway, i think there is 'emotional' value to the photographers.

Status
Not open for further replies.