How do you deal with you competitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the recent months, I have printed every photo of a competitor and study his technique.

I experimented and embraced it and adopted it. Now I could protect my turf by offering a similar product.

I have proofs that he studied my portfolio and produced the same shots but with a different treatment.

I showed my "new look" works to a few distributors and they liked what they saw.

So my competitor has become my teacher. :)

i always look at their photographs and try to learn from the really good ones, indirectly.

then i will make sure i price myself reasonably well(against them) and with better P.R. and after-sales services, most often, i can snare the job away. maintaining ur 'brand name' is essential too.

Good P.R and after-sales services, to most clients, go a long way and will help u in getting ur payment on time and in the right amount.:thumbsup:

otherwise, there's always the lawyers to turn to! hehehe :devil:

In the recent months, I have printed every photo of a competitor and study his technique.

I experimented and embraced it and adopted it. Now I could protect my turf by offering a similar product.

I have proofs that he studied my portfolio and produced the same shots but with a different treatment.

I showed my "new look" works to a few distributors and they liked what they saw.

So my competitor has become my teacher. :)

ahhhh! creative marketing. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Make friends with them... I always want to know what my competitors are doing.

BC

Prise them infront of my worse clients, and refer their business to them. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

is that how I got referals from you :cry:

Love them dearly for without them how can you grow ? Grin I'm sure by now your probably view x,000's of other people's stuff and learnt a lot looking. I am surprised at what is out there in your market - sometimes positively other negetatively. A brand name is not a warranty of perpetual good quality.

there is enough to go ard...:)

yep. I agree. I see fellow photographers as co-workers in the same industry rather than competitors. We are after all pursuing this passion as our rice bowl. Will somehow cross each other's paths at some point of time. :)

Will be good to see more cooperation in this industry like what Kuang and some others are doing. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.