How do you deal with you competitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hehheh. competitors shouldn't exist at all. the only competitor you should be having is yourself, because what you can offer of how you shoot can only be you. if you got a competitor it either means you're copying someone else and someone else is copying you. its not a bad thing, we all should be striving to stand out in owning whatever we can offer.

i thot of bad-mouthing them, spreading rumours about them, sabotaging their shoots....
but in the end, i realised the only way is to improve my skills 1st.... :bsmilie:

kill them, real mob like....the last thing they'll ever hear is "nothing personal, only business" :)

It is good to show them your extension in mobility
and allocate enough effort to assist them whenever
they are in need of your expertise.

Very often it need an exceptional great photographer
to be able to do that and it is rare to find one.

Show them your way.

Showityourway.jpg

know your competitors and knock their socks off them with your images.
always mantain the lead, always ensure that your competitors best image is no more than 75% of your best image.

know your competitors and knock their socks off them with your images.
always mantain the lead, always ensure that your competitors best image is no more than 75% of your best image.

Erm..... I really hate to bring in this thing called "reality". Being able to produce good images(better than your competitiors), unfortunately does not necessarily gurantee a pay cheque.

Erm..... I really hate to bring in this thing called "reality". Being able to produce good images(better than your competitiors), unfortunately does not necessarily gurantee a pay cheque.

yes it does. you first start with local competitors. then you deal with regional competitors.
once you are done, you are international standard and you charge international rates.

at least it worked for me.

(automotive industry)

yes it does. you first start with local competitors. then you deal with regional competitors.
once you are done, you are international standard and you charge international rates.

at least it worked for me.

(automotive industry)

Whoa!! International rates. Good for you then.

actually i forgot to mention. when you are charging international rates, the shoot and client wont be in singapore already.

the key is getting yourself known. make a niche for yourself. dominate the market.

actually i forgot to mention. when you are charging international rates, the shoot and client wont be in singapore already.

the key is getting yourself known. make a niche for yourself. dominate the market.

Of course not. Whatever they are paying for their photos taken here, its always too much from their point of view.

it also really depends. i know of top industry fashion photographers top from 5-20 excluding 1-4.

they charge rates like $100 per image.

and i know one of the most established interior photography company.
they are charging rates like $50-60 per shot. it really wonder how they survive when they use P25 to shoot and charge rates like $50-60 per shot.

however me being in the automotive industry, having a niche of my own, i command my own rates. it's a take or leave it scenario. i know so cuz the clients dont usually have anyone else to turn to.

then again. automotive industry/photography isnt for the light hearted.

it also really depends. i know of top industry fashion photographers top from 5-20 excluding 1-4.

they are charging rates like $50-60 per shot. it really wonder how they survive when they use P25 to shoot and charge rates like $50-60 per shot.

I think they should just all it a day and do something else......

however me being in the automotive industry, having a niche of my own, i command my own rates. it's a take or leave it scenario. i know so cuz the clients dont usually have anyone else to turn to.

then again. automotive industry/photography isnt for the light hearted.

wow! great insight....
i am a newbie, can show me your work?

How do you deal with you competitors?

You can do what some famous "businessmen" like Al Capone, John Gotti and Frank Costello used to do for the "family enterprise". By far, the most effective ways to deal with competitors are:

1) Intimidation - Show them who's boss. Usually done with handy muscle, threatening phone calls, or (very effective) a photograph of the competitor's daughter. Can also be done by smashing up their car and spray painting a friendly message for them to leave town tonight. Now.

2) Love Tap - Several suppliers offer such services wherein messages to the competition are delivered in a decidedly more physical manner - with clubs, lead pipes and brass knuckles used as primary tools. Usually done in dark alleys with trash bins and sleeping beggars.

3) Drive-by Shooting - Reserved only for the most persisitent - or dangerous - competitors. Due to its drive-by nature, a car is most useful (COE not required). Sometimes done at night when competitor is asleep, in which case peppering the house with lead is often enough to send the message across.

3) Drive-by Shooting - Reserved only for the most persisitent - or dangerous - competitors. Due to its drive-by nature, a car is most useful (COE not required). Sometimes done at night when competitor is asleep, in which case peppering the house with lead is often enough to send the message across.

now they use copper. only non-nato rounds are lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.