How do you deal with junk mail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Ice

Dec 7, 2006
Planet Earth
www.tyregirl.com
Feeling fed up with both computer spam and advertising letters - have recently been writing on my junk mail:

"Please return to sender - xyz company is unfriendly to the environment and an earth killer
Forests are being chopped down because of pointless crap like this"

Do you think the company receiving the returned item will see this and continue to send me junk mail?

Am thinking to publish the company names on the web as earth killers if they continue to send me the rubbish!

Unfortunately, it's hard to control nor stop them, cause there isn't any legal means to stop them from advertising, that's to my best knowledge so far.

For mailbox, what I did is just to ensure the flap piece is locked from inside and I paste a thick costape from inside to minimise all the gaps for those distributors to insert any of their flyers into my mailbox. So far, this seem to work pretty well on those printed junk mail or advertising flyers.

As for emails, think the only way is first activate your anti-spam mail function, but there will be those slipped through the filter, then I just need to delete those emails away.

I recyle all the junk mails.

I boil them, turn them into pulp and make lens shades, paper slippers, face masks, lamp shades, paper boxes etc.

There are so many ways to make use of them:

paper-camera.jpg

Feeling fed up with both computer spam and advertising letters - have recently been writing on my junk mail:

"Please return to sender - xyz company is unfriendly to the environment and an earth killer

Do you think the company receiving the returned item will see this and continue to send me junk mail?

Am thinking to publish the company names on the web as earth killers if they continue to send me the rubbish!

They just don't care.. They even pay Singpost to distribute the flyers.. So some resorted to put on my gate. I'll treat them as someone littering on my gate, leave it to the cleaners and let them complain if they want to.

Can't do much about the letterbox spams, but for email spams, I use my nifty little application to forward the advertistment back to originating email address five time, all done automatically when I dump it into my "junk" mail folder :devil: :devil: So everytime I receive a junk mail, I can have some fun. :bsmilie: Some gave up eventually, some replied to give me a good scolding lol. I'll just give them the :sticktong

Can't do much about the letterbox spams, but for email spams, I use my nifty little application to forward the advertistment back to originating email address five time, all done automatically when I dump it into my "junk" mail folder :devil: So everytime I receive a junk mail, I can have some fun. :bsmilie: Some gave up eventually, some replied to give me a good scolding lol. I'll just give them the :sticktong

:think: interesting application, we can we get that? ;p

It is unwise to reply to junk mails. They will and can plague your account with 10x more junks using different products and punchlines.

Just use an anti spam function if you have and filter them off. Also, do not enable the read text function beneath the header. That is already opening an entry for them to deposit spy cookies and applications. Just read from header, if not someone you know, delete right away.

Online security is all the more critical if you mak credit card payments for online transactions.

Otherwise, use a mac. It is less suceptible to spywares, worms and viruses.

Opps sorry - the paper junk mail is the one that irritates me.
The spam mail via email is mostly caught via filters......

Never used to have trouble with either of this until my evil brother (big fall out) vindictively added my name and address to whole lot of companies - so get called by telesales, emailed and sent paper mail. It's a sad story :cry:

In the US, I have a friend who sends junk back to the companies who send him advertisement mails if pre-paid return envelops are included. For example, if he receives a junk mail each from comapny A and company B, he will chuck the advertisement stuff from company A into the return envelop of company B, and vice versa, and drop off the 2 envelops at the mail box.

If you have no use for it, it is junk mail. If you have use for it, it is lifesaver or information. Relax.... why get so worked up. People are just trying to make a living. Cannot afford expensive radio ads or tv ads. Nor can they afford newspaper ads so print leaflets. It's not as if the junk mail will kill you so relax....

If you have no use for it, it is junk mail. If you have use for it, it is lifesaver or information. Relax.... why get so worked up. People are just trying to make a living. Cannot afford expensive radio ads or tv ads. Nor can they afford newspaper ads so print leaflets. It's not as if the junk mail will kill you so relax....

How obtuse is your response? Just because something doesn't kill me then I should just ignore it?

Anyway, here's an oldie but a goodie:

For all the ladies who have asked, "What is marketing?", the following analogies will help clear it up...

You see a handsome guy at a party. You go up to him and say, "I'm fantastic in bed." - That's Direct Marketing.

You're at a party with a bunch of friends and see a handsome guy. One of your friends goes up to him and pointing at you says, "She's fantastic in bed." - That's Advertising.

You see a handsome guy at a party. You go up to him and get his telephone number. The next day you call and say, "Hi, I'm fantastic in bed." - That's Telemarketing.

You're at a party and see a handsome guy. You get up and straighten your dress. You walk up to him and pour him a drink. You say, "May I," and reach up to straighten his tie brushing your breast lightly against his arm, and then say, "By the way, I'm fantastic in bed." - That's Public Relations.

You're at a party and see a handsome guy. He walks up to you and says, "I hear you're fantastic in bed." - That's Brand Recognition.

You're at a party and see a handsome guy. You talk him into going home with your friend. - That's a Sales Rep.

Your friend can't satisfy him so he calls you. - That's Tech Support.

You're on your way to a party when you realize that there could be handsome men in all these houses you're passing. So you climb onto the roof of one situated toward the center and shout at the top of your lungs, "I'm fantastic in bed!" - That's Junk Mail.

How obtuse is your response? Just because something doesn't kill me then I should just ignore it?

Anyway, here's an oldie but a goodie:

For all the ladies who have asked, "What is marketing?", the following analogies will help clear it up...

You see a handsome guy at a party. You go up to him and say, "I'm fantastic in bed." - That's Direct Marketing.

You're at a party with a bunch of friends and see a handsome guy. One of your friends goes up to him and pointing at you says, "She's fantastic in bed." - That's Advertising.

You see a handsome guy at a party. You go up to him and get his telephone number. The next day you call and say, "Hi, I'm fantastic in bed." - That's Telemarketing.

You're at a party and see a handsome guy. You get up and straighten your dress. You walk up to him and pour him a drink. You say, "May I," and reach up to straighten his tie brushing your breast lightly against his arm, and then say, "By the way, I'm fantastic in bed." - That's Public Relations.

You're at a party and see a handsome guy. He walks up to you and says, "I hear you're fantastic in bed." - That's Brand Recognition.

You're at a party and see a handsome guy. You talk him into going home with your friend. - That's a Sales Rep.

Your friend can't satisfy him so he calls you. - That's Tech Support.

You're on your way to a party when you realize that there could be handsome men in all these houses you're passing. So you climb onto the roof of one situated toward the center and shout at the top of your lungs, "I'm fantastic in bed!" - That's Junk Mail.

Cos put yourself in their shoes, running a biz, no money to do big time advertising. So print leaflets.... and frankly there are bigger things to worry about than whining just because there is a few pieces of paper in your mail.... sigh.....

And your example? Too deep and too chim. cannot understand what on earth you are talking about.

Cos put yourself in their shoes, running a biz, no money to do big time advertising. So print leaflets.... and frankly there are bigger things to worry about than whining just because there is a few pieces of paper in your mail.... sigh.....

Just because people are running a business, I got to put up with their crap ah?

And your example? Too deep and too chim. cannot understand what on earth you are talking about.

And this is not an example - it is an old joke. Even that also you cannot get it.

Just because people are running a business, I got to put up with their crap ah?

And this is not an example - it is an old joke. Even that also you cannot get it.

Not cannot get is dont understand your context.

Anyway no point talking to people like you who dont run business. when you run your own business then you know. Sigh.... complain complain complain.... only know how to complain. Everyone else is crap only one's self is correct no wonder our leaders say we are a bunch of whiners.

Status
Not open for further replies.