how do you cool down your laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

+evenstar

my laptop sometimes get very hot after prolonged usage, and the only method i use to cool it down is to elevate the laptop and use a fan to circulate the air underneath the laptop...anyone of you guys here have other more effective methods to cool the laptop?

there's so call cooler that u can place under ur laptop so that it will cool down better for long usage. saw alot at Sitex

This may not be the cheapest way, but can try using the laptop in an airconditioned room. :embrass:

No worries. Unless your room is really very very hot itself, the increased temp usually wont kill your notebook.

My notebook runs 24 X 7, no kidding. The table where my notebook sits on is hot but my notebook runs fine for the past 2 years. (My notebook runs as a ftp and http server)

No worries. Unless your room is really very very hot itself, the increased temp usually wont kill your notebook.

My notebook runs 24 X 7, no kidding. The table where my notebook sits on is hot but my notebook runs fine for the past 2 years. (My notebook runs as a ftp and http server)

kudos! Hot until can cook 1/2 boil egg. :bsmilie: Just kidding

mhmm...i hope so..my laptop is places on a rubber table lining, and temp can get up to 75° sometimes..

Dont use it on 'furry' surves or any material that traps heat well. Make sure all ventilation holes are not bocked.

Can always raise it a little above the table mah. Maybe put a pair of chopsticks below or something. My friend has a small air circulator blowing at his laptop and himself all the time when he's using it, lol.

i leave mine to cool naturally.

ur laptop cools naturally when running??

Mine definitely does.
Laptops are designed to be used, perhaps for many hours!
I never use such cooling devices as I think they are unneccessary, and, running my laptop for 3 years now with no extra cooling, no problems. Prolonged hours? It's only off when I sleep - 8 hours a night, sometimes I leave it on overnight too... no problem at all - but also, no intensive stuff. And when it is on, I'm using it...

Just leave it on a desk and not on carpet.

Perhaps it's a difference between Australian weather and Singapore weather? We don't need such things here in Australia :bsmilie:

i plug my macbook into a notebook cooler pad i got @ challenger funan for about $30. in school i use speedballs. on the notebook cooler pad my macbook runs about 40 deg. and i'm happy with that. no speedballs or cooler can run up to 65 deg. ouch.

i fabricate a piece if Aluminium with some holes... put my lappy on it.. use 4 smaller piece to elavate ...

Status
Not open for further replies.