How do you clean your DSLR???

How do you clean DSLR

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oly5050

Feb 1, 2005
Just wanna know what is the right and safe way....
I figured water and soap may be good, but may corrode right?
What about alcohol? Seems like a good idea as it evaporates soon after application. But will it dry out the rubber?

Mines well cared for. I just use a damp cloth (cannot be soaking wet lah) and wipe wipe to remove pespiration and dust etc after every outing before putting into the dry cab. Same goes for exterior of lenses, but I try not to clean the front or back elements unless needed. Then it dries on its own.

Damp cloth only for exterior and only when badly soiled... and must be wiped dry after that.

small amount of IPA will do the trick.

Then how do you go about cleaning the lense if there are thumbprints on the lense?

Just wanna know what is the right and safe way....
I figured water and soap may be good, but may corrode right?
What about alcohol? Seems like a good idea as it evaporates soon after application. But will it dry out the rubber?

send it to olympus lah :) it is FOC. I just cleaned both my E330 and E510 cuz dust in the mirror, viewfinder.

haha...nv clean...cause i already hardly clean my room...hahah...why bother to clean the camera...

we'r tokin abt e external casing is it?

Hmmm i didnt even know people clean e external body.

Dude dont b too obsess with ur camera. Go out n shoot.

Sorry but not to pick a fight, but i notice some of e qs tat u post are ........

Sorry lar, just wanna be sure about it. Sometimes, my camera does get a little dirty and I do want to clean it .... not too often, mebbe about 1-2 a month. I used to use alcohol, but I recently realized that the alcohol may dry the rubber grips out. Not sure if that is a valid concern, so I stopped cleaning my camera already. But I din know that Oly provide free cleaning. That may be a good idea to do once or twice a year. :)

Thanks!! Those links are darn funny.....

BTW, looked like some water did get into the camera.....

13.jpg

Some water was around the ring, and if u look into the camera, looks like some moisture on metal housing.....

Thanks!! Those links are darn funny.....

BTW, looked like some water did get into the camera.....

13.jpg

Some water was around the ring, and if u look into the camera, looks like some moisture on metal housing.....
Of course of course. Famous 1D series weather proofing is only drip-proof and not water proof. If its water-proof, then the UW sub-forum can all start buying more. Shower the camera like that only some water go in is already :thumbsup:. I thought more water would have leaked through.
Wonder if they got attach a weather-proof lens and do the same to clean the lens as well.:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.