How do you carry tripod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chengsun

Mar 5, 2008
Hi guys, this question may sound stupid to some of you......

I am thinking to purchase the Lowepro Fastpack 250. However, this bag doesn't come with anything to hook on tripod. So, for those guys that using a bag like this, cant hook your tripod on, how do you carry your tripod?

I'm more into hobby photography, not those hardcore type, and I dont go out take photo often.

I took the strap of an old laptop bag and attached that to the tripod. Works perfectly.

Tripod strap.. else hold in your hands...

Step by Step Instruction on How to Carry a Tripod

1) I use my right hand
2) Place it around the tripod legs
3) Grab the legs
4) Lift my hand up together with the tripod
5) Start walking

Can someone please make my guide a sticky since this question has come up numerous times?

Thanks.

Traveling aboard, I used a tripod bag.
Hands carry while shooting locally. This also depends on individual preferences and situation.

I'm using fastpak 250.When i carry my tripod,i put in in the net which suppose to hold water bottle.Get a velcro strap(from popular) and strap it to the "handle thingy" on top of the bag.Looks stylo too!

Used to have a tripod bag. Too troublesome... in end just carry by hand...

I find raffia string people throw away, tie it to my tripod and drag it along the ground. FOC and works. :bsmilie:

Hi guys, this question may sound stupid to some of you......

I am thinking to purchase the Lowepro Fastpack 250. However, this bag doesn't come with anything to hook on tripod. So, for those guys that using a bag like this, cant hook your tripod on, how do you carry your tripod?

I'm more into hobby photography, not those hardcore type, and I dont go out take photo often.

dun buy fastpack 250 lor... buy the flipside 300. solve your problem.

lol. what a question to ask. First time I'm hearing someone ask about this. Anyways, if it's a light one and it comes with a bag, put it in and sling it over. ha. But if yours is like a super heavy one like arca, which I am using, which weighs like over 2kg I believe, get a friend along. lol.

for me i carry a normal trekking bag.. i strap my tripod to the side of the bag and walk around... my dslr is inside a toploader which i put inside my trekking bag.. only when i wanna shoot then i will take out my toploader and put by the side... i try to keep my hands free lah.. so the tripod is alway sling to the bag instead of me.. cos its troublesome for me to unsling my toploader.. then unsling my tripod bag.. then remove my backpack because i wanna take someting out...

if u can get a bag that already can hold ur tripod will be quite good lah... normally day time veri seldom get to use it given the right exposure.. only at night.. dun bother to keep them...

like others have said...hold the tripod and walk abt..

dun buy fastpack 250 lor... buy the flipside 300. solve your problem.

can the flipside handle big tripods? mine is ard 2kg.. considering this bag.. can it handle the weight?

Hand carry for me during a shoot. But during transportaton I'll usually put it inside a bag.:)

Depend how heavy is your tripod

Light one, strap it on the camera bag. Can get the strap from army shop at the North Bridge Road market.

Heavy one, use tripod strap.

Status
Not open for further replies.