How do you carry tripod on holiday's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti-Social

Jan 1, 2007
Hi goin on holiday tomorrow and just wanna know how you guys carry the tripod? Thks!

...i balance it on top of my head

gets me attention too

of course carry in a tripod bag , when it's out handhold la

Hook onto backpack ;p

Deploy when needed

:bsmilie: I tink i lose balance after 1 sec. Yea i have a tripod bag but i scared might be abit troublesome cause also got camera bag too, i would be nice to to strap it to the backpack. But how? What kinda backpack, the normal or lowepro? Pray normal.... :sweatsm:

How do you mount it on the rugsack? I got a deuter bag with the rubbery strings at the back, i think it would break if i tried to put it there....

i hang the tripod around belt or bag ;p mine's light though and weighs around 1kg including the ballhead.

1)When flying, its in my cargo bag.

2)when out shooting hang with one leg going thru the part where the shoulder strip join to the back of the backpack.

3)On my sling bag there is a strip on the side of the bags for attachment of pouches, same method poke one leg thru it.

4)On normal back pack you can also poke one leg thru the loop use for hand carrying then if got rubber string on your bag ,use it to secure the 3 legs together.

many many way lah as long as its secure and does not obstruct your movement, any where can poke in ok liao :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: ns poke anywhere also can. But mine weighs 2 kilos.... :hung: Dunno wether the bag can take it anot?

:bsmilie: I tink i lose balance after 1 sec. Yea i have a tripod bag but i scared might be abit troublesome cause also got camera bag too, i would be nice to to strap it to the backpack. But how? What kinda backpack, the normal or lowepro? Pray normal.... :sweatsm:

Ha ha.. I'm using lowepro backpack, they have a "holder" for tripod ;p

Yeah same here. I am using a lowepro rover backpack, there is a special slot for my tripod which weights 2.25Kg (exclude the ballhead). :)

So far have not lost my balance. ;p

Hmm tried it out, on the bottom part connecting the strap to the bag or on the top part?

oh yea any cheap bags for recommendation? second hand also can? that can hold camera + grip + i think 1 lens(small) + flash + tripod?

Wah tried my best, cannot squeeze everything without carring the tripod seperately in a bag. Have to carry backpack plus small camera bag plus tripod bag. Gonna look like a complete idio#. Parents dun care and don't wanna spend money :cry:.

Wah tried my best, cannot squeeze everything without carring the tripod seperately in a bag. Have to carry backpack plus small camera bag plus tripod bag. Gonna look like a complete idio#. Parents dun care and don't wanna spend money :cry:.

Was thinking of getting a camera bag that has tripod holder/straps but in the end bought a tripod bag. I think it easier this way and I can get my 10 yrs old son to help carry at times.

Cheers.

actually what is the backpack for?

i also carry a carry-all, a camera bag, and tripod bag when i go on holidays

unless you are backpacking, you can always throw the carry-all in your hotel room la bro

For me if I am out sight seeing oversea, I will be out 10-12 hours, so back pack and tripod without bag hanging by my side (from hip to knee level) like a baton :bsmilie: I have the Lowepro Primus AW now, it has a clip to hold the tripod outside/center of the bag (can hold all my gear with the top portion for small shopping plus a jacket. If just go shooting 5-6 hours, then sling bag, Tamrac velocity 9x (can hold all my gear,with tripod hanging by the side)

Carrying two bags on a holiday would be kinda a pain? Considering the fact that i am also going skiing, etc eating with tour group sure die. Waddua think?

For me most of the time sling bag is ok liao as I can tahan the weight of my gear,but this is individual ya. If you really got lots of gear + warm clothing and prefer to have the load shared between the shoulders then backpack is the choice. Nobody goes out with 2 bags lah unless you are on photography assignment serious stuff...:sweat:

Backpack = easier to carry but difficult to remove camera/lens from bag.
Sling bag = weight on one shoulder, easy removal of camera/lens.

You have to decide what you want lah.

Strap mine to my camera bag... but I have yet to take a tripod along so far. It's always a monopod. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.