How do you carry big lenses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeSwitch

Oct 28, 2005
1.45N 103.83E
www.flickr.com
I was wondering how do you guys carry your long/heavy lenses when you are out shooting? I find the either neck strap or the camera mount about to give way if there is a heavy lenses attached. If we carry it in our hands, soon you will feel the strain. If put in bag, too inconvenience since you are out shooting.

So how do you all carry your lenses.

Right now, I just carry it in my hands. sometime attached to tripod and sling over the shoulder. (though worry that the Quick release will give way)

DeSwitch said:
I was wondering how do you guys carry your long/heavy lenses when you are out shooting? I find the either neck strap or the camera mount about to give way if there is a heavy lenses attached. If we carry it in our hands, soon you will feel the strain. If put in bag, too inconvenience since you are out shooting.

So how do you all carry your lenses.

Right now, I just carry it in my hands. sometime attached to tripod and sling over the shoulder. (though worry that the Quick release will give way)

Yeah, i have seen alot of people with the lens attached to an extended monopod and slung over the shoulder. I think thats a rather good way of carrying big lenses

when i'm using my long lens, it'll either be a one lens one body shoot for me, or i borrow another body for a shorter lens (ie 2 lens 2 bodies)...my neck strap and mount is strong enough to handle the weight

If is 300mm f2.8L Is then is another story......:bsmilie: juz joking....no offend

Cyber said:
If is 300mm f2.8L Is then is another story......:bsmilie: juz joking....no offend

LOL. If the neck strap dont break den I think your neck will break soon. :bsmilie:

haagen_dazs said:
would like to tag on this post.
what kind of carry case do you all use when moving from location to location? (in the car, bus?)
depends on lens you use? smaller lens then use backpack, bigger lens then use dedicated lens bag or lens case

if you want the hood on(not reversed) the you have to get the ones that can fit the 600mm. Never had a chance to try the kinesis, but I didnt like the long lens case from Domke or Lowepro. Ended up with a soft case shoulder bag that can at least fit the lens + body together, hood reversed. Something that is easier to carry around.

TMC said:
if you want the hood on(not reversed) the you have to get the ones that can fit the 600mm. Never had a chance to try the kinesis, but I didnt like the long lens case from Domke or Lowepro. Ended up with a soft case shoulder bag that can at least fit the lens + body together, hood reversed. Something that is easier to carry around.
what brand would that be?
thanks

Sion said:
I get the wife carry them. :)

This is the best method so far but I dont dare to try for I will be sorry for the consequences... eg missing or damaged Lense. Wife will either throw it away or just leave it where I left it.

She will never never carry my gears for me. Not even my lens cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.