how do we stop spam mail at yahoo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

contaxable

Mar 5, 2006
as above, i am tired of receiving mails like pen enlargement and breast enhancement gadgets/pills etc...

i really hope there is some sanity left in cyberspace.

as above, i am tired of receiving mails like pen enlargement and breast enhancement gadgets/pills etc...

have u tried the spam protection? spam guard that comes with Yahooo

tried not to read or block them, as i believe, once the other end knows that your account is active, they will sink your inbox with more spam mail

once they r in the spam folders, i ignore them, and let it get trash automatically

The problem is, mail that isn't spam ends up in the spam folder as well, so I end up having to check the spam folder, which means they might as well all go to my inbox and save me the trouble of checking 2 folders.

AddressGuard™, anybody tried?

don't use your primary address / account in the internet or to register for account. tend to get leaked out.

isn't that yahoo's job?

switch to Gmail, much better

yeah. the solution: gmail.

Thanks for all the replies. While it is well known that gmail out performs yahoo where spam is, i cant stop yahoo spam. I have yahoo account and honestly i hope not to switch account since i have many friends in there.

My spamguard is being turned on and i receives an ave of 100 spams a day in spam box. That is fine, but some got leaked out and appear on my inbox. I believe these spammers know how to overcome spamguard. Either that or yahoo allows these paid advertisers to penetrate into the mailboxes.

Anyway, i just live with it. Thanks for all the inputs again!

Thanks for all the replies. While it is well known that gmail out performs yahoo where spam is, i cant stop yahoo spam. I have yahoo account and honestly i hope not to switch account since i have many friends in there.

My spamguard is being turned on and i receives an ave of 100 spams a day in spam box. That is fine, but some got leaked out and appear on my inbox. I believe these spammers know how to overcome spamguard. Either that or yahoo allows these paid advertisers to penetrate into the mailboxes.

Anyway, i just live with it. Thanks for all the inputs again!
there is no sure way of preventing people harvesting your email addy and send you spam mail, just to let you know that there are many paid softwares available to harvesting email addy, Yahoo or any other online portal won't pass members out, else they will lose a lot of members.

if i'm not wrong, you can upgrade ur account to some business account with annual fee and get better spam filter from Yahoo. You need to ask them though.

It never ends:dunno:

gosh. honestly i still think the best solution is to endure this one time of mafan to transfer your contacts to a gmail add, then dont need to worry anymore. :)

and you may wish to check out this website if not, to at least make light of your spam situation - http://aspamaday.blogspot.com/
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.