How do we noe the shutter life is going to be up?

kenny888

Oct 24, 2003
Visit site
hi all,

i've a question. i understand that for some camera models, we cannot use those free available software to check the shutter, coz some older models doesnt allow that. so the onli way is to bring it to the service center and pay for a check.

besides this any other indications that the shutter life is going to be up? i read a forumer mentioned something like if the shutter button or what, i mean the buttom that u press half shutter to take pics, if its still firm and tight, then its probably okie? is this even accurate? lol!

besides this any other indications that the shutter life is going to be up? i read a forumer mentioned something like if the shutter button or what, i mean the buttom that u press half shutter to take pics, if its still firm and tight, then its probably okie? is this even accurate? lol!

shutter button is connected to the shutter via electrical circuit. so that means it is 2 different of hardware. how the failure of the button will link to failure of the shutter?

imagine the button on ur tv remote has failed, does that means ur tv going to fail?

Generally one very very obvious tell-tale sign is when you see streaks of unevenly exposed horizontal lines/segments across the frame (assuming your shutter has a vertical travel), usually at different places on the frame. Not to be confused with improper flash sync speeds.

just to make sure that you read my reply, since you spam the thread and jed closed the last one:

1) no.

2) no.

3) even canon can't tell you when your shutter will spoil.

suggestion is you go to a psychic and ask them to place their hands on your camera and tell you when.

If you learn how to tell us when, can pass me toto numbers?

i'm really amazed at the sorts of questions that crop up sometimes :)
We are supposed to be a well-educated nation...
If only people paused and read their questions before posting...

Set your camera to burst mode, and hold down the shutter button. When the shutter stops clicking, your shutter life should be up.

Set your camera to burst mode, and hold down the shutter button. When the shutter stops clicking, your shutter life should be up.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

not because the battery ran out?

Ok I'm also going to ask a Newbie Question, so feel free to fire away if it sounds Dumb :bsmilie:

Presuming that the Body works fine & we conduct our own DIY simple maintenance, when should we send it in for cleaning & maintenance? Do we even need to? :dunno:

Sorry, I'm asking because this is my first DSLR bought & I'm not too sure :sweatsm:

Ok I'm also going to ask a Newbie Question, so feel free to fire away if it sounds Dumb :bsmilie:

Presuming that the Body works fine & we conduct our own DIY simple maintenance, when should we send it in for cleaning & maintenance? Do we even need to? :dunno:

Sorry, I'm asking because this is my first DSLR bought & I'm not too sure :sweatsm:

Interesting user name you have here.

If you learn how to tell us when, can pass me toto numbers?

Government says the life expectancy for Singaporean males and females at birth is 78.4 years and 83.2 years respectively but how do we know when are we going to die? :think:

i'm really amazed at the sorts of questions that crop up sometimes :)
We are supposed to be a well-educated nation...
If only people paused and read their questions before posting...

:thumbsup: :bsmilie:

I'm of the belief that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"
the main concern would be dust accumulating on the sensor. If it doesn't affect your pictures, no point to spend the time and money to send it in for servicing/cleaning.
With regards to maintenance, I would probably choose to leave everything alone. Hopefully by the time it breaks down, it would have lived a full life, and I can use it as a paperweight whilst I get a new model! :)

Actually this is not too bad an idea...Spoil, buy new one & the wife won't even know the difference...Thanks Dude...You the MAN :bsmilie:

I'm of the belief that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"
the main concern would be dust accumulating on the sensor. If it doesn't affect your pictures, no point to spend the time and money to send it in for servicing/cleaning.
With regards to maintenance, I would probably choose to leave everything alone. Hopefully by the time it breaks down, it would have lived a full life, and I can use it as a paperweight whilst I get a new model! :)

Interesting user name you have here.

Is That a Fact?

Gog244.jpg

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

i know of a person who diy shutter button by taping the cable release. some more he split it into 2 buttons, one for landscape, 1 for portrait.

Government says the life expectancy for Singaporean males and females at birth is 78.4 years and 83.2 years respectively but how do we know when are we going to die? :think:

when i see this hooded guy with a scythe that doesn't speak? :dunno:

maybe if your photographs start having him, means your shutter going to die.

the msg was posted as i've no freaking idea how the thingy works. a forumer in the buy/sell section in his advertistment previously mentioned that his shutter button is pretty firm and good and link it to good remanining shutter counts. i alr find it weird thats y i ask. chill lah. lol.

Actually this is not too bad an idea...Spoil, buy new one & the wife won't even know the difference...Thanks Dude...You the MAN :bsmilie:
If it's not spoiled, but new one, wife also don't know.
If she finds out, say, honey, I bought it for you.........................;p