How do we forgive when we’re angry and hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually i find it rather tiring to keep a grudge. Bad for one's health also. But do learn from the experience and never let it happen again.

buddy, we learn through living with all these around us, what ever doesnt kill us only makes us stronger.. ;)

Forgive but never forget. If you forget, how will you learn your lesson?

i don't really forgive but i remember the bad experience so as not to make the same mistake in the future.
mostly importantly, is to watch out for the tell-tale signs before the same thing happen again...

Nothing is worse than to forgive and have the person do the same thing to you again.

Nothing is worse than to forgive and have the person do the same thing to you again.

Not that I know of, but the gurus said that the Almighty
has...planted eternity in the human heart. Man was created
not to exist for a day only. ;p;)

"No, no, man was made for immortality".
- Abraham Lincoln

To me, in life, it's very easy to forgive anyone or anything, but it is hardest to forget! :dunno:

if I dont login often enough I forget my password

Do yourself a favour... Get yourself some tattoo(s)... this way you can forgive but not forget!

Tattoo(s) are not only appreciated as a body art but also something that is/are inked permanently onto our skins to remember something emotional in our heart and mind, and will be with us till the day we die.

On the other hand, Buddha advised us to learn to let go. And Jesus Christ is my hero...

Sympathy for the devil.

Last edited:
to overcome my disappointment or anger, i will go out for some retail therapy - like buy a D700 and 14-24.

what goes around, comes around.
what comes around, goes around.
so buddy, don't fred, god reward the kind one ;)

what goes around, comes around.
what comes around, goes around.
so buddy, don't fred, god reward the kind one ;)

I like that. :thumbsup: Somehow all the "kindness" campaign did not
mentioned about rewarding, wonder why?

Strangely enough someone like Billy Zeoli once told us
that the Almighty has a big eraser. Though we cannot
change the past and neither does forgiveness, however
Paul Boese feels that forgiveness does enlarge the
future. How true is it?

:)

On the other hand, Buddha advised us to learn to let go. And Jesus Christ is my hero...
Buddha teach us to forgive, but he did not say forget. In fact he say learn from mistake. You cannot learn from mistake if you forget.

Jesus say if someone slap you on the left face, you give your right face. (or may be the other way around).
May be not exact word as in the bible. So sorry I forced to learn that only from primary school to just before University, blame my parents sending me to private school.

The Bible says:

(Luke 6.29,30)

(38) You know that you have been taught, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth." (39) But I (Jesus) tell you not to try to get even with a person who has done something to you. When someone slaps your right cheek, turn and let that person slap your other cheek. (40) If someone sues you for your shirt, give up your coat as well. (41) If a soldier forces you to carry his pack one mile, carry it two miles. (42) When people ask you for something, give it to them. When they want to borrow money, lend it to them.

(Luke 6.27,28,32-36)

(43) You have heard people say, "Love your neighbors and hate your enemies." (44) But I tell you to love your enemies and pray for anyone who mistreats you. (45) Then you will be acting like your Father in heaven. He makes the sun rise on both good and bad people. And he sends rain for the ones who do right and for the ones who do wrong. (46) If you love only those people who love you, will God reward you for that? Even tax collectors love their friends. (47) If you greet only your friends, what's so great about that? Don't even unbelievers do that? (48) But you must always act like your Father in heaven.

Last edited:
Go and get yourself DRUNK!

:bsmilie:

I can forgive but impossible to forget. Few years ago, a month before my wedding, my ex fiancee decide to call it off citing the reason that she has fallen for another man and asked for forgiveness. I took it like a man and let her go and they got married shortly after that.. It hurts so much, my heart and my wallet. Now i'm happily married to a better woman in my life. But the incident still hurts me when i think about it. So i guess forgiving is easy but totally forgetting it is impossible. It happens also that a "friend" borrowed 8k from me. Paid only 2k and gone with the wind. My wife told me to just give it to him for charity. *sigh*

wow, your ex has lost a nice guy. :embrass:

The Bible says:

(Luke 6.29,30)

(38) You know that you have been taught, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth." (39) But I (Jesus) tell you not to try to get even with a person who has done something to you. When someone slaps your right cheek, turn and let that person slap your other cheek. (40) If someone sues you for your shirt, give up your coat as well. (41) If a soldier forces you to carry his pack one mile, carry it two miles. (42) When people ask you for something, give it to them. When they want to borrow money, lend it to them.

(Luke 6.27,28,32-36)

(43) You have heard people say, "Love your neighbors and hate your enemies." (44) But I tell you to love your enemies and pray for anyone who mistreats you. (45) Then you will be acting like your Father in heaven. He makes the sun rise on both good and bad people. And he sends rain for the ones who do right and for the ones who do wrong. (46) If you love only those people who love you, will God reward you for that? Even tax collectors love their friends. (47) If you greet only your friends, what's so great about that? Don't even unbelievers do that? (48) But you must always act like your Father in heaven.

sorry, what is the teaching behind this phase?
my christian fren doesn't seem to be preaching that leh. he refused to lent me $$$. :rolleyes:

my christian fren doesn't seem to be preaching that leh. he refused to lent me $$$. :rolleyes:

Did you find peace inside?
And all individuals are different from one another.
Your friends eat fish while some others do not.
You have a chance to pay attention to what's
happening inside rather than outside.

"All spiritual disciplines are done with a view to still the mind.
The perfectly still mind is universal spirit."

-- Swami Ramdas

As one begins to witness oneself in personality,
one also begin to experience one's soul.

;):)

oh my tian, can we keep the bible out of this

What is life then when you are shaping your life through your thoughts?
Very often we don't see things as they are, we see them as we are, noted
by Anais Nin.

How do you see things? Perhaps you will discover many different answers
to that question. Not to put clever intelligence into life metaphor is a waste.
Life is sometimes a carousel, we have to adapt.

:bsmilie:;)

That is why those people can forget and self forgive easily. Bec they cannot even remember the simple rules of CS. :bsmilie:

oh my tian, can we keep the bible out of this

Status
Not open for further replies.