How do u tell a pic has the X-Factor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AReality

Jun 9, 2003
visualjournalist.net
How do u tell a pic has the X-Factor?

Since we're on the topic of X-factor in another thread, let's start 1 here also...

So what makes a photo worth a second or third look? :cool:

Rule 1: As long as the subject is sad, got x-factor already.
Rule 2: There must be an ultra-low frequency in the spatial domain, preferably wavelength is a little more or less than the width.

Anymore?
Just add on ... :)
Rubbish comments also welcome... ;)

[16:07] <[n0d3]> Other methods that make use of time-dependent effects in light propagation are time-domain measurements, which use ultra short light pulses, and frequency-domain measurements using radio frequency (RF) modulated light.

Yo AReality, did you know I always saw your avatar as a futuristic looking illustration of a face with the lizard head as the eye?

I also don't know how to take pictures with X-factor... Think its a combination of being technically challenging, original, and relevant to the audience.

pictures with X-factor are glitches in the matrix

Rule 1: As long as the subject is sad, got x-factor already.
Rule 2: There must be an ultra-low frequency in the spatial domain, preferably wavelength is a little more or less than the width.
Rule 3: Subject must not look at the camera directly

Wah so "chiam" just add chemical "X" lah... [and Power puff girls came into being...] load of rubbish... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

rule 4) if the subject is half-unclothed, it has X-factor
rule 5) if the subject is fully-unclothed, then it has XXX-factor

:bsmilie: im sure alot of you saw this coming, but i got there first :p

Stereobox said:

*falls of chair laughing*

haha I love this one too!

Stereobox said:

Stereobox said:

rule 6) and if the subject is fully-unclothed, and the subject is ........, then it has XXXXXXXXX-factors

Sorry, can't help it!

student said:
rule 6) and if the subject is fully-unclothed, and the subject is ........, then it has XXXXXXXXX-factors

Sorry, can't help it!

haha......I guess not need to state rule 7) already...... :devil:

Maybe my style is different or too simple, I just aim to achieve the "wah", "cool", "OMG", "WTF", "WTH" etc feeling the viewer. The first impression given to someone who have some appreciation for art :)

X factor is ...... :sticktong

If you are a newbie taking picture subject placed in the center, old bird will tells you should placed the subject off-center .... :sweat:

If you are a well known photographer and took subject placed in the center, they will say that's a nice image!!! :sweatsm:

Time to be serious before I sleep...............

I don't like the word "X-factor" at all.

I think an image is great when it impacts on the mind and heart. An image I return to again and again. An image that I like to bring to show others again and again. An image that says a great deal about the subject in a fresh manner. An image that tells a story...

Others can add.........

Good night!

Status
Not open for further replies.