How do u seek to improve ur photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsbn

Jul 24, 2002
Planet Eropagnis
Other than taking your camera to shoot, how else do u seek to improve your photos?

Reading more books/magazines? Attending classes? Attending a model shoot not as a shooter but a viewer/participant? Going to art galleries to 'absorb' more 'essence' so that u can have more inspiration to shoot? Opening your eyes in every daily step so that u can view the world thru ur eyes (and next time, thru ur camera) in a fresh new perspective? Reading more religious books & scriptures for an insight to one's life to seek new answers & perspective of life for ur next shoot?

I shoot any any everything for a start before streamlining down to a particular area. In the meantime i read books, look at other people's photos, read the comments and critiques on them and get my own photos C&C on.

Hmm... ic.

I'm not sure about others, but my method is to work on my composition by trying to find inspiration on things around me.

Maybe that explains why my photos are sometimes horribly exposed. :(

jsbn said:
Other than taking your camera to shoot, how else do u seek to improve your photos?

the best advice is to learn to be your own harshest critic, to spend a lot of time going over the shots that failed and working out why they failed and then addressing the issues in a logical manner.

jsbn said:

Reading more books/magazines? Attending classes? Attending a model shoot not as a shooter but a viewer/participant? Going to art galleries to 'absorb' more 'essence' so that u can have more inspiration to shoot? Opening your eyes in every daily step so that u can view the world thru ur eyes (and next time, thru ur camera) in a fresh new perspective? Reading more religious books & scriptures for an insight to one's life to seek new answers & perspective of life for ur next shoot?
Buy more equipment, buy the most expensive one(s), then buy the fastest PC you can afford, then go PRO, then come back in 24 years time and call everybody a measurbator without looking in the mirror and not batting an eyelid :devil:

jsbn said:

Sounds like a "serious" question. So I will give "serious" answers, from the little I learnt from my short journey in photography.

As far as I can see and understand, there are two aspects to photography.

1 Craft/Techniques.

We all know the standard arguments that it is the content that count etc. And how great images can be made with a P&S camera. Sure! But to the majority, the knowledge of the craft and techniques can only enhance the contents.

2 Contents

Great content can only result if you have something to give. If you are empty, can you give anything? Yes, with good techniques etc, one can make good images - but what good images? Nice pictures of pretty girls?

As far as I can see, the way to good content is to improve yourself as a person in as many ways as you reasonably can, and more.

Do not just think about photography. Think about life and art - music, paintings, calligraphy, sculpture. Surround yourself with art and people who are "into" art.

Actually..I kinda like talking about girls and having a good time rather than art..*muse*

*throws in a good mix of Mozart's Clarinet Concerto before students delivers a volley of a verbal artillery barrage..*

Wisp said:
Actually..I kinda like talking about girls and having a good time rather than art..*muse*

*throws in a good mix of Mozart's Clarinet Concerto before students delivers a volley of a verbal artillery barrage..*

tell jsbn that talking about girls will improve his photography art.

I think you have the making of delivering verbal artillery barrage.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

student said:
Think about life and art - music, paintings, calligraphy, sculpture. Surround yourself with art and people who are "into" art.

Well said student, here are some more tips:

Adopt a sound philosophy
Be aware of your higherself
Apply PMA everyday!

Be totally different and learn quickly
proven leadership qualities so as to lead and
not to follow all the time.

Do spent time to engage people
with ideas for improvement in our
techniques or even our lifestyles.
Allow people to speak their mind
without fear.

Study the biography of as
many masters in the arts.

Choose mentors for life-long learning programs
Don’t be afraid to ask the experienced to become
your teacher so that you can master the technical
aspects according to your own learning curve.

It is wise to become a learning person
for the rest of your life. This means you are
willing to learn from everyone you meet either
personally or even in cyberspace disregarding
your own achievements and educational level.

Never be too attached to your new creations
as you can create better ones almost immediately.
Make sure you put your best efforts to make pictures
everyday or week and share them in photo forums.

Don’t follow traditions but strive to create images
that have not been done before in this earth.

Most important be always ready to share all your
knowledge to any aspirsing students and give
them your sincere and honest encouragement.

Last but not least, never look down on a beginner
in photography when he asked a ‘silly’ question.

----------------------------------------
It was once said that what goes
in is what comes out of your brain,
so be careful what you write and watch
out words that comes out of your mouth. ;)

Actually it may *chuckle*,....You may never know *wink*.

Talking about or dating girls is also one way about experiencing life, it need not always need to be the arts =).

And photography is after all about freezing a moment in life after all. If you can't really enjoy life and view how you yourself in his/her own unique way could relate and live it to your fullest, any art you take up is just a mere copy of another person's philosophy that inspired you rather than your own. =).

The arts does help, but having that alone is still akin to enforced constipation. It's the full circle of things that form your content. Girls, included *wink*.

There..that's not so bad for an artillery barrage isn't it??

Show the correct photos to the right people and your photos will always be good. In other words, show the right photo to the right people at the right time.

Actually..that made alot of sense too! *food for thought*

you can start by reading this

Wisp said:
And photography is after all about freezing a moment in life after all. If you can't really enjoy life and view how you yourself in his/her own unique way could relate and live it to your fullest, any art you take up is just a mere copy of another person's philosophy that inspired you rather than your own. =).

The arts does help, but having that alone is still akin to enforced constipation. It's the full circle of things that form your content. Girls, included *wink*.

There..that's not so bad for an artillery barrage isn't it??

You are learning fast! Excellent!

keep on and you will a great s**t-stirrer:thumbsup: :thumbsup: of the greatest use to mankind!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.