how do u guys keep yr equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

xjasonz

Mar 9, 2008
toa payoh
just wondering....

do u guys detach the lens frm the camera when storing in the dry cabinet? and do u guys remove the lens frm e camera when bringing it out and only attach it when using it?

Hi there, for myself i basically prefer to detach the lens from the body for safety's sake. However, i have also heard of individuals claiming that there is no harm in attaching the lens for storage. According to them, attaching it on doesn't really harm the lens or body. Once again, i wish to emphasize that you should take these comments with a pinch of salt as i think no harm doing the proper process for storage. :thumbsup:

I don't own a dry cabinet (yet) so I store all my equipment in my lowepro bag.

When storing, I detach the lens from the body and place them in individual 'sockets'. However, when I'm going to go shooting outside, I'll mount a lens onto my camera and stick it in the bag, ready to be taken out and shot within a few seconds (Lowepro Primus side quick-access zip).

just wondering....

do u guys detach the lens frm the camera when storing in the dry cabinet? and do u guys remove the lens frm e camera when bringing it out and only attach it when using it?
No...a lens is always attached to my camera, be it in dry cabinet (hardly) or in my bag....

I keep the lens on the camera as I do not want to invite dust while taking the lens out and mounting it back for use.

I dont really have a choice, My most used lens (500mm) with my camera attached would not fit into my 100L & 60L dry cabinets.

As I have the habit of cleaning my gears after every outing, the lenses and bodies are already separated. So I just store them nicely in my dry cabinets.

Usually stored wherever I first put down my camera in the house, or whever I put my bag, there may or may not be a lens attached, depends what happened during the day and whether or not it fits in my bag with a lens on or not! Basically its just left Au Natural!

I keep the lens on the camera as I do not want to invite dust while taking the lens out and mounting it back for use.

i second this.... :thumbsup: i just throw it inside the dry cabinet with the last lens i used...

Dump all in my bag, each compartment has a couple packs of silica gels and...this may sound funny but, you can consider putting the compact drawerversion of the thirsty hippo in your bag too.

I don't own a dry cabinet (yet) so I store all my equipment in my lowepro bag.

When storing, I detach the lens from the body and place them in individual 'sockets'. However, when I'm going to go shooting outside, I'll mount a lens onto my camera and stick it in the bag, ready to be taken out and shot within a few seconds (Lowepro Primus side quick-access zip).

If you still don't intend to get a dry cabinet within a few months time. I can assure you that you will definitely regret why you didn't do so at 1st. Good luck to your equipment.:what:

Dump all in my bag, each compartment has a couple packs of silica gels and...this may sound funny but, you can consider putting the compact drawerversion of the thirsty hippo in your bag too.

In the end, you will still need a dry cabinet. So, start saving now to get one. Silica gel is just a temporary solution. :what:

just wondering....

I used to store my DSLR with lens attached. now I remove the lens cos its easier to store this way and I now have a batt grip attached...so i cant store it upright in the dry cabi with lens attached anymore...:D

My lens is attached on the body while storing. :)

If you're going to use your camera often with the same lens attached, then it's not so practical to keep mounting and removing the lens each time you want to use it. Just leave the lens on the body and don't worry too much about it.

just wondering....

I store my DSLR with my most often-used lens in the dry cabinet. Just take it out and ready to shoot.

looks like evryone has their personal preference...for me, since i have only got 1 lens now, its always fixed onto my cam..cos i see no point taking it out and fixing it it...fear of makine e screw loose...

and also battery wise, take it out after use? or use it till flat then take out and charge?

looks like evryone has their personal preference...for me, since i have only got 1 lens now, its always fixed onto my cam..cos i see no point taking it out and fixing it it...fear of makine e screw loose...

and also battery wise, take it out after use? or use it till flat then take out and charge?
IIRC, my manual wrote that for extended periods of storage, the battery shld be used up first.. then when you want to use it again, then charge.. of course, the battery shld be removed from the body.. but so far, I've been keeping it in my body cos I use it every now and then.. :p

Well with all these answers, I'd say whatever makes you feel comfortable "safe" in your mind. Me I always have a lens on and it's in my Lowpro bag ready. I didn't get it to store it away. I want to shoot, shoot, shoot......:);):D:cool::bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.