How do u get a sharp pic of small items like rings ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brutalguk

Hi everyone

Currently,im using an A40
was trying to get a good n sharp pic of my silver ring
but i just couldnt get a good pic of it,when i go too close it becomes blurish and if i zoom from far,its too small to be taken.
so whats the correct way to set my cam inorder to get a sharp n clear pic ?
btw i was using auto mode,L resolution and superfine compression.
pls help,thanks !

jasonpgc

Jan 20, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Originally posted by mpenza
use macro mode.
Marco Mode not enough, the ring will look very small. You'll need at least a 52mm filter adaptor and a 52mm Hoya +4 Close up lens.

A40 Marco mode will let you focus down to 26cm. Adding the +4, by right will let you go down to 26cm/4= 6.5cm. In reality, you'll get a good focus at around 8-10cm. If with +2, you'll get a good focus around 15cm.

Most important of all, use a tripod, and 2 sec timer release, and switch off the on camera flash. :p

Bluestrike

Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
There lor~
bluestrike.clubsnap.org
Originally posted by jasonpgc

Marco Mode not enough, the ring will look very small. You'll need at least a 52mm filter adaptor and a 52mm Hoya +4 Close up lens.

A40 Marco mode will let you focus down to 26cm. Adding the +4, by right will let you go down to 26cm/4= 6.5cm. In reality, you'll get a good focus at around 8-10cm. If with +2, you'll get a good focus around 15cm.

Most important of all, use a tripod, and 2 sec timer release, and switch off the on camera flash. :p
then use a tourch or a light source to "paint" the ring....

B

Brutalguk

Hey thanks all
Ive taken the pic by using macro mode and its quite clear tho :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom