How do u feel when u sell yr eqpt??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kongg

Feb 8, 2002
Ang Mo Kio outskirts
kongg.clubsnap.org
I let just let go of my 20-35 wide angle lens and felt as if I parted ways with a good fren. Been with me for abt 7 mths. Shot some pretty decent shots with it. I think I am a sentimental person. Well....how do u pple feel when u sell yr eqpt which have been with u for quite some time??just curious.

usually spend some quiet moments with the equipment before meeting the prospective buyer..... and after selling, start playing with the new equipment that replaced it! ;p

Me no feelings for my equipment.... Also not brand loyal.

Since April this year till today, I've had 4 different digicams!

In the past 2 years, I've changed 6 different handphones....

:D

Nikkor 20-35mm f/2.8 is a very very good lens. Why u wanna sell it?

When I sold off something that I don't like, I feel relief. When I sold off something I love...I feel sad.

Originally posted by dbchoong
Me no feelings for my equipment.... Also not brand loyal.

Since April this year till today, I've had 4 different digicams!

In the past 2 years, I've changed 6 different handphones....

:D

Too much money?

Originally posted by kongg
I let just let go of my 20-35 wide angle lens and felt as if I parted ways with a good fren. Been with me for abt 7 mths. Shot some pretty decent shots with it. I think I am a sentimental person. Well....how do u pple feel when u sell yr eqpt which have been with u for quite some time??just curious.

Just believe that it has got into the hands of a good owner and that it'll continue to serve well!

So when you're getting the 17-35mm? :dent:

Yeah..... I wish.... :)

Most things I buy 2nd hand, so already depreciated. So, when I sell, depreciation is minimal. Of course, I keep and treat my stuff properly, no abuse.

I treat it as if I were renting the equipment. Use it for a while, then sell away and get another model.

;)

Originally posted by revenant

Too much money?

well, if i have not use it for a long time, the 'emotional factor' is gone. Most of the time if i sell is to facilitate a new buy, so the new 'toy' will overwhelmed the 'loss' factor.

For camera accessories, usually I don't mind. For lenses, hmmm... I have tried many times in the past to let go 1 or 2 but somehow I find I have a use for them, even though I don't use them often. You can say it's a sentimental feeling.

For eg, I have a $400 lens, and if I sell it for about $300, I'm making a loss of $100. (The lens is in tip-top condition btw.) And even then, $300 is not a lot to be gained. Seriously, unless you own a basic camera gear, otherwise, $300 is peanuts in a hobby such as photography. The only reason I can think of for selling it away is to make more space in my cabinet. I use that lens very minimally, but on those occassions that I do, this lens never fails me and I feel more expressive.

Now I tell myself, if I really sell it away, it'll probably be the day when I give up photography or want to keep my camera gear to very few items only.

Originally posted by kongg

Attached to a lens after 7 months ... such a short time.. it takes me at least a decade to get really attached to a lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.