how do u clean your ND filter?

i'm using the ND filter to shoot. but all i get is a white screen
how to meter the scene?

strange.. usually the cam metering will not go off.. you could try shooting in manual.

strange.. usually the cam metering will not go off.. you could try shooting in manual.
i did a couple of shots with manual but keep getting white screen.
in the end , shoot in S mode and images turn up ok but with exposure limit to 30sec

i did a couple of shots with manual but keep getting white screen.
in the end , shoot in S mode and images turn up ok but with exposure limit to 30sec

When you were getting white screen, what mode are you shooting in? P, A, S or M?

M mode

sorry typo error. should read 30sec

Ok first try metering and shooting without the ND in M mode. It should not be white screen.

Then try metering with the ND on. The underexposure should match your ND ratings

Ok first try metering and shooting without the ND in M mode. It should not be white screen.

Then try metering with the ND on. The underexposure should match your ND ratings

yah u wun go wrong with wkteoh's steps. Thats what everyone is doing.

1. get the meter readings without the filter.
2. compensate your meter readings with the filter then shoot.

cannot anyhow hamtam the settings one. :sweatsm:

Go back to your Exposure settings, understand the relationship between ISO, Shutter Speed and Aperture. If you just take a figure out of the air, then you are doomed forever to have white pictures only.

TS, I recommend you not even try using the ND until you understand what is exposure and how to control it.

You can keep it in a clean room. And never remove it from the clean room. Best if you live in it too. :bsmilie:

clean room not as clean as you think , even class 1 :bsmilie: