how do u balance photography and back/neckpain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dRebelXT

May 14, 2005
recently got some severe neck and upper spine pains, so shooting
macro will be NONO. Anything pertaining to leaning forward should
be avoided I guess.

Is it a signal to drop photography altogether or convert to astronomy;p ?

alot are sufferings like that.................so just do something useful:devil:

alot are sufferings like that.................so just do something useful:devil:

yeah, i know that. computer workers are prone to backpains.

what's something useful and provide some outdoor exercises? Initially i picked
photography partly because of the exercise benefits.

It makes a lot of difference if walk around in backpack or shoulder bag. The backpack provides better balance, although it looks ugly and inconvenient for changing gear.

massages and spa.
helps heaps.

Yes go to gym, run , swim to improve , strength, stamina and mental concentration

Hi,

As age catching with many of us, best to take care.
1/ Start taking Calcium Tablet. The dose and brand depends on your budget and needs. It is better to start now then never.
2/ Lighten the weight of the equipment. Maybe from them high end expensive gear to something cheap and light like the 400D or D80. Also carry a light tripod.
3/ Lastly excerise. I find swimming is the best way to clear/reset all the joint and muscle pains.

Take it easy and great care

We will never get younger anymore, but we can reduce what we can to enjoy photography to the fullest.

Thanks

Frederick Foo :)

glucosamine as a supplement helps in yur joints.. can try that as well....

remember the first fashion show event that I had to shoot.... after kneeling down and standing up throughout the show I couldn't stand up! my knees had given given up, my thighs were aching and my back felt like it left for another planet...

lao liao loh.....

your experience reminds me of numerous shoots involving kindergarten kids. up and down, up and down, up and down ..... the knees about to give way.

glucosamine as a supplement helps in yur joints.. can try that as well....

remember the first fashion show event that I had to shoot.... after kneeling down and standing up throughout the show I couldn't stand up! my knees had given given up, my thighs were aching and my back felt like it left for another planet...

lao liao loh.....

your experience reminds me of numerous shoots involving kindergarten kids. up and down, up and down, up and down ..... the knees about to give way.

oh yah!! that too!! i tell u sometimes the brain forgets that the body is not as young as before!!!

btw, how have u been??

ok, surviving. doing some spring cleaning at home.

oh yah!! that too!! i tell u sometimes the brain forgets that the body is not as young as before!!!

btw, how have u been??

Massage, foot reflexlogy, exercising help

i use to have chronic neck ache, never stop aching one and most of the time im stiff :(
after massage it helped a little but always come back after a few days

since i started Gym the condition has improved.

er.. but i realised i forget abt all the pain when im taking photographs hahahaha

be avoided I guess.

I often get neck pain from shooting tabletop still life and working on Photoshop on the computer. It gets worse in cold winter. I have to wear a scarf to keep the neck warm.

Hot towel or hot shower on the neck normally help ease the pain. Self-massage if done incorrectly aggravates it.

be avoided I guess.

more or less gave up using shoulder bags. i'm sticking to backpacks for the time being. seeing a chiropractor now for my spine problems.

if only someone can come up with a ergonomic shoulder bag... :think:

more or less gave up using shoulder bags. i'm sticking to backpacks for the time being. seeing a chiropractor now for my spine problems.

if only someone can come up with a ergonomic shoulder bag... :think:
shoulder bag with wheels, ;p .
yeah, backpack is better and i seldom use shoulderbag.

Does P&S camera improve the neck problem? I observe that with P&S, users usually lean back when looking at the LCD, while lean forward for the viewfinder.

i vaguely remember few months back i was catching cold and nose stuffy, went out to
the garden and stretched, click, my neck clicked.

I didn't take note at the time, but later I started get this neck pains. Especially during
the interval changed a pillow.

Does P&S camera improve the neck problem? I observe that with P&S, users usually lean back when looking at the LCD, while lean forward for the viewfinder.

like that need to wear spec liow ....lau hua liow lo...:)

try using backpack...i went thru MRI for both shoulder due to computer work ...pain still there n weaker than b4 .... pls take good care of any part of body when enjoy the hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.