How do u all take streetshots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Galaa

I always like to take street photos, and inside MRT photos...but then will have alot of ppl staring...like very paisei...and in MRT worse....all sit so close...wait I anyhow take, they come over and whack me :p

Originally posted by Galaa
I always like to take street photos, and inside MRT photos...but then will have alot of ppl staring...like very paisei...and in MRT worse....all sit so close...wait I anyhow take, they come over and whack me :p

1. Be discreet.

2. Shoot by "agaration" - point the camera in the general direction of the subject and press the shutter. Try not to lift the camera to your eye level. Pretend to fiddle with camera controls. If your camera has a swivel LCD/lens/body, it's very, very good for these purposes.

3. Use a wide angle lens.

4. Use high ISO/fast film. DO NOT (I repeat: DO NOT) use flash.

Regards
CK

1) you'll need to train your eye first. this means that when ever you're out, you have to look for photo oppotunities with your eye and image how you're going to take it. To take good street photos, you mind needs to be working continually.

2) next is when you do really have your camera with you, take those shots that you've envisioned

3) take note of the photos that you missed. note down the reason, for me it is usually
a) I wasn't ready
b) didn't dare to take (usually it is because the subject will know I'm taking the photo)
c) I was walking too fast

hence identify how you miss those shots and make it a point to "practice" hence you can reduce these problems

4) learn 1 focal length. You need to train yourself to be so used to it that you can shoot without using the view finder

5) learn to be more thick skinned too :p

6) alot of street photo depends on chance. Hence the more you go out to shoot, the more chances you'll have.

7) use a descrete camera. A p & s and quite definately SLR is out of the question

for equipment I would recommend
a) yashica T5
b) range finder.. (anyone)

that's all that came to mind

Seesh... that is mine! :eek: I wrote it so long ago I can't even remember writing it, although reading it brings back some memories!

:embrass: Stop making me blush guys!

Originally posted by sbs99
Whack and run.

Hehehe
:D

Whack and run? On the MRT? Run towards the 1st coach or last coach like in the movie? :D :bsmilie:

Originally posted by ckiang

2. Shoot by "agaration" - point the camera in the general direction of the subject and press the shutter. Try not to lift the camera to your eye level. Pretend to fiddle with camera controls. If your camera has a swivel LCD/lens/body, it's very, very good for these purposes.

Regards
CK

Hmm....sounds like a job for my old Ricoh RDC7...
Bought it more than a yr ago, use it a few times, then gave it to sis liao cos I don like it :p Maybe I specially take it out to take streetshots hehe

took this in the MRT station lost the original but i printed it out, and took a photo of it again, lame huh..
fdf70f5e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.