How do they make roasted chicken for chicken rice stall?

dRebelXT

May 14, 2005
Few days ago I observed on TV, when the stall owner makes roasted chicken, the screen showed he tried to blow air into the tummy of the bird, from the beak with his mouth. Is that really how the chicken are made in such stalls? I am just curious to know.

Best is blowing with a pump into the chicken's backside.

Tie the beak with a string. If not air will come out from it.

Sometimes I will insert a ballon into the chicken's tummy first to avoid air from escaping.

i believe that is to separate the skin from the flesh

Sometimes I will insert a ballon into the chicken's tummy first to avoid air from escaping.

so that IS really a procedure they do in the stalls? :bigeyes: good & sad to know.. :devil:
roasted, steamed and all kind of chicken all follow the same procedure except curry chicken?

don't take my work for it, i do not speak for the hawkers, best is to ask them during lunch time

don't worry. i just feel it's a bit unhygeinic. :sweat: it's how i think.
it will take a long long time to assemble such courage as to order a plate chicken rice again.
:eek:

There are probably countless things an average consumer would be better off not knowing about food prep, in general. :sweat: :bsmilie:

Few days ago I observed on TV, when the stall owner makes roasted chicken, the screen showed he tried to blow air into the tummy of the bird, from the beak with his mouth. Is that really how the chicken are made in such stalls? I am just curious to know.

no, that's how they chop the chicken up.

what they don't tell you , the chopping they do is for show.

when no one is looking, the chopper just places a bicycle pump into the beak of the bird, and then pumps it until it explodes nicely into portions that he can slap onto the chicken rice. automatic deboning too.

There are probably countless things an average consumer would be better off not knowing about food prep, in general. :sweat: :bsmilie:

Totally agree.... as long as the food taste good, best not to know to much.... :bsmilie:

yeah.. yeah..

no, that's how they chop the chicken up.

what they don't tell you , the chopping they do is for show.

when no one is looking, the chopper just places a bicycle pump into the beak of the bird, and then pumps it until it explodes nicely into portions that he can slap onto the chicken rice. automatic deboning too.

so explosion can be made deterministic also. :cool:

Totally agree.... as long as the food taste good, best not to know to much.... :bsmilie:

curiosity killed my appetite once again.. :embrass:

while you are there, take a look under your table at the kopitiam/hawker centre

you will never want to eat again

sometimes ignorance is bliss

Just curious. Did he use his mouth to blow air into the tummy of the bird or did he use some machine to do it?

Using his mouth doesn't seem hygenic to me. :eek:

while you are there, take a look under your table at the kopitiam/hawker centre

you will never want to eat again

sometimes ignorance is bliss

that will inflict some curiosity of some cners i guess. :bsmilie:

Just curious. Did he use his mouth to blow air into the tummy of the bird or did he use some machine to do it?

Using his mouth doesn't seem hygenic to me. :eek:

The owner used his mouth.. as per CH U showed.. Only a quick flash ahead of a Chinese cuisine show.

I think nobody does it better than LindaChew. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I think nobody does it better than LindaChew. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

You mean where CS was reminded of 'her' true 'talents' (#322 and #329 of http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231303&page=17)? :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

let me know what you see, especially one it gets dark

i have switched off my curiosity sensor.. :think: