How do Singaporean Pronounce Moet & Chardon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silence Sky

Deregistered
Sep 5, 2006
Wah.. This simple question spark a war between nations and races in another forum.

The French is very unforgiving and particular with the last consonant of the word.
The Anglo saxon says sound approximately close can liao.
The Irish joined in the war with their Fooking ascent.
The American tends to over cooked their food and enjoying eating them, just like they never care about proper pronounciation.

Very Funny.:bsmilie:
So... How does Singaporean pronounce Moet & Chardon?

Or 'Yves Saint Laurent'.

Remember, French is a 'nasal' language, not that I know any French mind you. :bsmilie:

Wah.. This simple question spark a war between nations and races in another forum.

The French is very unforgiving and particular with the last consonant of the word.
The Anglo saxon says sound approximately close can liao.
The Irish joined in the war with their Fooking ascent.
The American tends to over cooked their food and enjoying eating them, just like they never care about proper pronounciation.

Very Funny.:bsmilie:
So... How does Singaporean pronounce Moet & Chardon?

First... Spell it right. It's "Chandon", not "Chardon". So you already have part of your answer.

wah, so xenophobic.

i oso get upset :confused: they cant pronounce accurately our local dishes when ordering at foodcourt. that's why 'that' dish got number.

"set B" eat in! :bsmilie:

Or 'Yves Saint Laurent'.

Remember, French is a 'nasal' language, not that I know any French mind you. :bsmilie:

then best go French restaurant when got runny nose, you'll sound as French as you can possibly be! :bsmilie:

*sniff, sniff*

moe-ye and shan-dong?

Wah lan aye! mot & chan-don lah! SG style :bsmilie:

monyet and something???? :think:

How do Singaporeans pronounce "flour"?

Come on..admit it..
I know Singaporeans have problem pronouncing "Three" and "Tree".
Let along Mo-ay(t) et Sha-don:bsmilie:

You know why I brought this up, because I feel like a kuku for not being able to pronounce "Merlot" in ang moh restaurant.
When I took over the Wine list, I go for the shortest and simplest wine (Mer-lot).
Me: I want mer-lot.
Waitress: Mair-Law?
Me: Nope, I want me-lot.
Waitress: Milo?
End up having to use my pen to circle the "Merlot" for the waitress. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Important lesson learnt:

When in French restaurant, must know at least how to pronounce "Cabernet Sauvignon" and "Pinot Noir"
When in Italy restaurant, must know how to pronounce "Fettuccine" and "Lasagne".

Like that people will think you very up class, even if you don't anything about wine or fine food.:think:

mo-aye shan-don.... although the 2 n in chandon isn't pronounced like how we pronounce n in english... it's a very nasal sound... quite hard to explain by typing...

mole and chao-tar?

classic la u bro..........got me giggling my wife thinks im crazy laughing at my laptop...:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie: good one...

the singaporean way for moet is: "this one. the $68 one" accompanied by stubby finger stabbing at the wine list.
((=

Status
Not open for further replies.