How do people here handle B&S deals?

Sgdevilzz

May 16, 2010
How is the process like? I know that you meet at a mrt or something. But what if you want to discuss further or check the equipment? You don't just stand in the corner of the mrt and talk right? Let Alone suspicious.

And what about money deals? What if one party is buying a d3s that cost $6k? You're not gonna carry $6k worth of notes in your wallet right?

How is the process like? I know that you meet at a mrt or something. But what if you want to discuss further or check the equipment? You don't just stand in the corner of the mrt and talk right? Let Alone suspicious.

And what about money deals? What if one party is buying a d3s that cost $6k? You're not gonna carry $6k worth of notes in your wallet right?

Its totally flexible and up to you. You want to meet MRT, kopitiam, under your block, Singapore flyer, Istana is totally for you and the buyer to decide. Just that sellers prefer to deal near their place in case of any "aeroplane buyers"

Money is also the same, agreement between the 2 parties, cash, cheques, bank transfers, seashells, chickens, no limits as long as the both of you reach an agreement.

LOL.

But isn't there a chance that the seller aeroplane the buyer?

LOL.

But isn't there a chance that the seller aeroplane the buyer?

Of course there is but there are more cases of aeroplane buyers than sellers. Even if its not aeroplane buyer, they might not buy it after viewing. To save trouble for themselves, the seller would want to meet at his/her own convenience.

i don usually buy 2nd stuff cos the price that is sold in B&S is actually not worth it
eg. Brand new D700 for $30xx, most are still selling it at less $2-300 bucks

most of the time i sell at a much cheaper price
the buyer have to come and collect at my void deck, test to buy with Cash
cos i wont entertain any sh1t after that

so far i sold 3 bodies and no complaint
but once i sold a lens which had slight problem (which i of cos didnot knew about it) but the guy suay lah :bsmilie:

It's not suspicious. To not attract so much attention, just go one corner where there's not much people, and discuss while testing lor. Once the testing is done, if buyer is satisfied, then go ahead with the transaction, done.

I only meet potential buyers at a coffee shop near my place, which is bright enough and buyers able to examine the item comfortably, a ATM is just next to it.

and I make clear that I don't meet other than this area, and I don't entertain personal warranty.

soeypixels said:
i don usually buy 2nd stuff cos the price that is sold in B&S is actually not worth it
eg. Brand new D700 for $30xx, most are still selling it at less $2-300 bucks

most of the time i sell at a much cheaper price
the buyer have to come and collect at my void deck, test to buy with Cash
cos i wont entertain any sh1t after that

so far i sold 3 bodies and no complaint
but once i sold a lens which had slight problem (which i of cos didnot knew about it) but the guy suay lah :bsmilie:

Totally agree. Most prices kinda ridiculous and still warn off lowballers.. Like tokina 116 selling at 850 when a brand new grey set is 890. Get real! But it's bad apples lar, there's still great deals sometimes.

What I would do as a seller...

Send a courtesy sms to remind about the meetup, so that don't waste time waiting for each other.
Always remind the buyer to bring own gear to check with items like lenses & accessories that need his camera to be work together.
Meet during daytime (like bright places) so that the buyer can check their gears.
Always initiate the buyer to check on the spot, make sure everything about the gear is carefully informed before he reaches out his wallet and pay.
For high priced item, best to meet inside a fast food place where you can have a seat checking the sum is correct before leaving.
Bring extra change in case the buyer has a big note.
And try not to rush through the dealing, have enough time to go through all points.

Last edited:
I like to do the transaction under full moon so that I'm sure the buyer doesn't have hairy face and sharp teeth.

That's because if he makes a dash with my equipment I can outrun a human but not a werewolf.

Last edited:
I like to do the transaction under full moon so that I'm sure the buyer doesn't have hairy face and sharp teeth.

That's because if he makes a dash with my equipment I can outrun a human but not a werewolf.
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: