How do I send a file attachment that is larger than 25MB?

dancemania

Oct 1, 2006
central
I have this video that is larger than 25MB but cannot send it via yahoo or gmail because it exceeds the max. What can I do? Is there a way to cut the video into 2 parts or is there an e-mail account that allows large files? What about singnet?:think:

Upload your file to a cloud hosting service, such as Dropbox or Mediafire, then send your friend the link to the file. Best of all, it's free! :bsmilie:

my fave :
sendspace.com Free large file hosting. Send big files the easy way! (no need to regiter, max 300mb)

www.wetransfer.com (max 2GB but slow)

www.yousendit.com (dun like, need to sign in, and max 100mb only)

just upload and you'll get the URL link to download the file by email.
I usually fiill the sender & receiver with my own email, then I copy & paste to my clients.

The link will be expired in 1 week though.

Last edited:
you can try yousendit.com to send. Alternatively, use compression/archive programs like WinRAR to split the video into multiple files but recipient will have to use same application to open the split files.

i usually use dropbox. The free account comes with 2GB space. You can choose to upload your files by:
1. Website, but each file has a limit of 300mb
2. Download app - This app can be downloaded to your PC, laptop as wll as Apple and Android devices and no upload limit per file (other than the 2gb if you get the free version.)

So far no problems for me..

Not sure if I'm allowed to post commercial links, so I shan't but you can search for it quite easily.

Note that yousendit file size limit is down from 100mb -> 50mb (for free accounts).